PDA

View Full Version : Verizon BB with media capabilities???

StevenRapp
02-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi All. Have an 8703e through Verizon. This is my 4th BB, 2nd on Verizon. The first two were on Nextel.

I love the BB, can't picture not having a blackberry, but always annoyed by lack of media capabilities. If someone sends me a .wav file, or any other video attachment then as you know I can't view them.

Was just reading up on th new Pearl through Cingular and it seems like everything I have dreamed about for years...

My question is... Does anybody know of any BB's offered through Verizon that have any media capabilities? Called Verizon and I got, "ummm, Ummm, you should be able to do that on the 8703e..."

Maybe I am wrong, but I just can't run any media related items on BB.

-Steve

NJBlackBerry
02-25-2007, 07:33 PM
None today.. Lots of rumors and speculation about the future.

StevenRapp
02-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I keep reading and reading. I hate the thought of switching to either a TREO or switching to Cingular to try out the new 8800 with the media capabilities so I am crossing my fingers. As for the .wav files I have even looked into the Audiopop third party software, but that won't work on the 8703e...

Thanks for the speedy reply.

mattk0
02-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I've heard .wav files will be available in the next OS version, however I can't answer when that will be available.