PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete everything?

mongoose_eyeball
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
My keys started sticking (couldn't dial a zero!), so I used the warranty and got a new 8700c.

Transferring everything over was easy with the desktop backup-restore function, but now I'm about to send in the old 8700, and I want to clear everything off of it.

I certainly don't want to spend hours deleting this stuff all at one time!

I'd like to know how secure this operation is, too--can someone get all my info, call logs, texts, addresses, etc?

d_fisher
02-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Options > Security Options > General Settings > press scroll wheel > Wipe Handheld

This will delete all user data and basically return your device to like new condition.

dabig25
02-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Options > Security Options > General Settings > press scroll wheel > Wipe Handheld

This will delete all user data and basically return your device to like new condition.

Will that also delete items from say, a previous user ?

I bought my 8700c from a private seller on craigslist. It still has the previous owners email address on the main screen & want to delete it.

NJBlackBerry
02-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Yes - that will delete all customer data.

dabig25
02-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I can't get to security options ?

I hit settings } then options } but then I can't find security options ?

hailer
02-26-2007, 01:23 AM
I can't get to security options ?

I hit settings } then options } but then I can't find security options ?

Don't mean to repeat because it was written above but here is exactly what you do from the BB home screen.

BB Menu > Options > Security Options > General Settings > Push the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld

dabig25
02-26-2007, 09:18 PM
That won't delete what I have saved on my SIM card , will it ?

tsac
02-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Wipe will only delete the handheld not the SIM. Remove it if your unsure then wipe.

dabig25
02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Don't mean to repeat because it was written above but here is exactly what you do from the BB home screen.

BB Menu > Options > Security Options > General Settings > Push the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld

I removed SIM card & was able to get to the menus I wanted, to change themes.

Thanks all...........