PDA

View Full Version : Does BES Filter work on internal msgs?

dpinchasi
02-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Does a BES BB Filter work on messages sent to me from others in my company? Or, does it only function on external (internet) inbound messages?

I setup a Level 1 filter called "jon" on my BES BB, yet it only works with outside mail addresses (i.e. internet or external email address like jon@<hidden>).

The Level 1 filter fails to notify if a Jon at my company sends a message to me.

takeshi
02-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Filters work on the account. They shouldn't distinguish internal versus external email. How did you set up the filter?

dpinchasi
02-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Messages, Options, Filter, added Jon Smith to From field (using Select Name from Address book), and changed Action field to Forward with level 1 Notification. I verified option is enabled and saved correctly.

In my active profile, I muted all message notifications execpt for Level 1 messages.

I test by sending a message to myself using my BES account. The message should arrive in RED, however it arrives in black. Now, even external messages that match the filter criteria arrive in Black.

The filter is simply not working. I delete and recreate the filter with the same results.

takeshi
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Hmm, mine do work for internal and external but I've explicitly supplied email addresses in all cases.