PDA

View Full Version : HAVING MAJOR BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS w/SYNC

mosheek23
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I am having some problems with connection my blackberry to my laptop. The laptop is detecting it however the Blackberry desktop manager in the connection settings will not allow me to click on the Enable bluetooth box. Hopefully you guys arent having the same problem and can help me out.

Matt.M
02-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I had to uninstall the IBM bluetooth drivers and just use the basic MS drivers before mine would sync.

Number13
02-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm sure there is a sticky somewhere but you can follow the link below to get to RIM's how-to on bluetooth. You must be using the Windows native bluetooth stack (assuming you are using Windows XP (SP2). The how-to explains what that is all about...

BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=8026974&stateId=0%200%204706812)

jjones
02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I am also having trouble and none of the solutions seem to work.

If I disable the 3rd party bluetooth the windows bluetooth stack does not work. According to Dell, the bluetooth hardware only works with the 3rd party software. When I strip the 3rd party software and search using the "add Bluetooth device wizard" it can't find it even though its right next to it. With the 3rd party software it can see it. I am using a Dell Inspiron E1505 and blackberry 8800 with latest OS and desktop software.

any ideas???

Number13
02-27-2007, 12:58 AM
I am also having trouble and none of the solutions seem to work.

If I disable the 3rd party bluetooth the windows bluetooth stack does not work. According to Dell, the bluetooth hardware only works with the 3rd party software. When I strip the 3rd party software and search using the "add Bluetooth device wizard" it can't find it even though its right next to it. With the 3rd party software it can see it. I am using a Dell Inspiron E1505 and blackberry 8800 with latest OS and desktop software.

any ideas???

My Dell D620 uses Dell's Truemobile 350 bluetooth module and it works fine with the Windows bluetooth stack. The thirds party software gives you the ability to use ALL of the functionality in the bluetooth radio but I seriously doubt it is required. In my experience, the Windows native bluetooth stack is pretty stripped down but it does what it says it will do pretty well.

Maybe a dumb question but is the blackberry discoverable? If so, make sure the Dell's bluetooth is discoverable and search for it from the blackberry. Good luck.

jjones
02-27-2007, 09:54 PM
but are you able to sync your blackberry via bluetooth with desktop manager?

Number13
02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
but are you able to sync your blackberry via bluetooth with desktop manager?

That information would help, wouldn't it? Yes, every day. Works perfectly.

Unluky
03-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Wow - great information Number 13! I have been trying to link my 8800 and M90 since I got it with no luck. 2 seconds with that info and I am syncd and flying.

Thanks!

gretch
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the great info, but how do I switch from one stack to the other? I have SP2, but my computer can't find the required driver. I've tried finding a download from MS, but no luck. Suggestions?