PDA

View Full Version : Media player

PacketRat
02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Anyone found a media player that lets you create playlist or manage a library?

Thanks

mzini
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Ditto the above post. I love the idea of carrying one device that is my cell phone, PDA, and mp3 player. And I do really like the mp3 player on the 8800, but I wish there was a way to create some sort of playlist.

From what I've played with on my 8800, the only way to do something close to this is by actually creating a folder and putting the specific tunes in it and pressing "play all." So in other words, I would have to plan my playlist when transferring the files on to my 8800. Is this correct?

CavMan
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Ditto the above post. I love the idea of carrying one device that is my cell phone, PDA, and mp3 player. And I do really like the mp3 player on the 8800, but I wish there was a way to create some sort of playlist.

From what I've played with on my 8800, the only way to do something close to this is by actually creating a folder and putting the specific tunes in it and pressing "play all." So in other words, I would have to plan my playlist when transferring the files on to my 8800. Is this correct?

Yeah, the playlist capability is lacking on the 8800. What I usually do is go into the music folder of choice and hit the menu button to "play folder". then, once the song starts (and it will always be the first song in the folder which is kind of annoying since it would be nice to be able to start on any song you wanted) I hit the menu button again and then select "shuffle". That way it will randomly play all of the remaining songs in the folder.

If I want to skip to the next song I just hit the letter "N" and it will go to the next song in the random order.

Hope that helps

John Clark
02-27-2007, 01:24 AM
You might give this mediaPlayer a try...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/66179-new-improved-mediaplayer-pearl-8100-trial-available.html?highlight=mediaplayer

mzini
02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Apparently this isn't working on the 8800 though? I still have to try it however...