PDA

View Full Version : service outside US

atod03
02-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi,

I will be in Acapulco for a week, and I was wondering if the blackberry still gets service there and receives/sends emails, even though I don't have international service. In the past when I've been in Mexico, a regular cell phone has picked up a few bars and been able to connect to some network, but the calls wouldn't actually go out or come through. Would the emails work on the blackberry in this case, though? Anyone have any experience with this?

takeshi
02-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Best to check with your carrier. I know gsmworld has some info but I'm not sure how up-to-date it is.

NJBlackBerry
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Who is your carrier?

mexicoruss
02-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I live part time in Mexico and use my Blackberry all the time. I have my service with t-mobile and while it is very expensive to use the phone service the data service works at no additional charge. I conduct business from my motorhome and have zero connection problems. FYI
mexicoruss

atod03
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I have verizon. Does anyone know if it will get roaming in Mexico/how that works.

NJBlackBerry
02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
See, this is why you have to ask what carrier you have. Verizon has VERY spotty coverage outside of the US. It should work as a phone; no experience as to whether it will work as a BB. I would call Verizon.

Dubdub
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I doubt if Verizon will work since CDMA is mainly supported only in the US. Same would be true for Sprint.

As posted a couple times, call your carrier. You don't want to be surprised with outrageous voice and/or data charges.