PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need a verizon Chipset for My BB 7510

Tackle66
04-16-2005, 05:55 PM
A newbie here but this is my issue: I purchased a BB 7510 via NexTel last fall and have recently moved both celluar accounts to Verizon. OF COURSE they're telling me I need to buy a new one, but I don't think I have to do that; And I think it's a load of crap how they try to browbeat us into that sort of thing....but I digress...

I've been told that I should be able to buy a chipset compatible with Verizon wirless so that I can drop it in then change the ESN number to switch from one of my current verizon phones to the Blackberry. I'm sure I'll have to have Verizon do some type of configuring for me; but I don't mind paying for that.

I've looked everyway I know how via Google and Yahoo! but can't find anysite where I can buy chipsets for Verizon phones, not to mention for a Blackberry.

Helping me here would save about $300 and I could desperately use it..

THANKS!

finch
04-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Not possible... You will require purchasing a new device from Verizion 7250 or 7750 I would recommend the 7250. Your current 7510 runs on a completely different network Nextel uses a technology called iDEN for communication unlike Verizon who use a CDMA network. There is no way to swap out the chipset as you wish.