PDA

View Full Version : SIM Card Error Only When Surfing This Site!

beprahst
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I've been getting a SIM Card Error on my TMo 8700g on v4.1. I've subscribed to a couple of threads here on BBForums and when I get the email notification of a new post, I click on the link. It starts loading, requesting scripts, loading data, and at some point I get the SIM Card Error...no reception, no EDGE, no TMO on the homescnreen. it says SIM Card Error. I hit the ALT-CAP-DEL to soft boot, and it comes back.

It only seems to be associated with the very large numbers of posts on a thread. It's been mutliple threads. No issues otherwise and never get the error any other time, so it can't be a hardware issue I wouldn't think. Maybe something with a very large webpages causing this?

Anyone experience this or have suggestions?

I have the Internet Browser set to IE emulation and enable all the features.
I am on a BES, but using the direct to Internet TMO browser as default as opposed to the Blackberry Browser which goes through the BES and the corp proxy.

JSanders
02-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure why the SIM card error, but try using the WAP version of this site,

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community (http://wap.blackberryforums.com/)

beprahst
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I've tried but like the flow $uch better on the regular site. Hitting "next" and waiting for each post especially when there are quite a few drives me crazy...lack of patience I guess!

JSanders
02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
hmmm, well you could fight the incompatibility of the your browser, or go the wap site and change the settings for how many posts you view on a page, like to 5 or whatever, and eliminate having to click "next" quite as much.

beprahst
02-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Ah! I did not fully explore all the WAP preferences. Much more usable now! Thanks much for the assist. Now if I can figure out how I can get links to the wap thread in my email thread subscription alerts, I'd be all set.

takeshi
03-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure why the SIM card error, but try using the WAP version of this site
That does seem odd and sounds more like it's coincidental than causal. Is it a consistently repeatable issue?