PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Hangs every 5 Minutes

davemac
04-16-2005, 10:15 PM
We have the BES 4.0 running and about 8 Blackberries running v4 of the handheld firmware which sync everything wireless.

The main problem the we have is that about every 5 minutes, the blackberry seems to hang for about 10-15 seconds and this becomes very annoying, particularly when you are in the middle of typing an email etc.

It also seems that the IT Policy is updated when this occurrs, so I think it might be related to this.

I have checked in the Blackberry enterprise server config and the 'Automatically Resend IT policy" is set to 0 Hours (disabled).

Does anybody know a way of stopping the IT Policy from being updated every 5 minutes ???

Also, I seem to get JVM Error 200 occurring very frequently and no other applications have been loaded onto the Blackberry, just the out-of-the-box apps. Has anybody got any ideas on this too?

Thanks.

Dave
davemac@<hidden>

Stik
04-17-2005, 03:06 AM
Not sure if my problem is related, but my 7290 BB which was issued by my company also "hangs" for about 30 seconds every now and then. In addition to losing whatever I am doing at the time, I noticed that all the pictures that I've deleted or removed from my BB is ALL RESTORED.

(BTW, this maybe due to my companies policy restrictions. I found out that I cannot install any third party softwares on my BB)

O/S 4.0 :bb:

Stik

mbn
04-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Ours hangs every few minutes as well. It started after we upgraded the BES to 4.0. We didn't have this issue on 3.6

davemac
04-19-2005, 04:04 AM
I have downloaded and installed the BES v4 for Exchange Hotfix 1 and Hotfix 2.

The IT Policy still seemed to be updating every 5 mins, so I changed the IT Policy Resend value to 48 Hours.

So far the IT Policy is not updating every 5 minutes and the Blackberry is not hanging either.

Dave

000stewie
03-13-2006, 02:27 PM
We are getting one BB 7250 with a JVM Error 200 at least once or twice a day. If I power it off and then on I can reset it and then it comes up OK, but not sure what is causing the very annoying JVM error in the first place. Other BB's seem to be working fine.

ebgreen
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
What version of the device software are your devices running that hang?

ebgreen
03-13-2006, 02:59 PM
JVM 200 is an application uncaught exception error. Have you recently loaded new software on the devices that are getting the error?

colin_gillings
06-21-2006, 07:15 AM
We have the same problem on our BES v4.0. The handhelds seem to freeze for a few seconds then require a password to open them. The Windows Event log is also showing loads of warnings for the BlackBerry Policy Service service and fills the log up on a daily basis.

Did anyone ever get any closer to resolving this or any clues to what I might try?