PDA

View Full Version : help on LOCKED BLACKBERRY 7105t in T-MOBILE

lsk
03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
i need help.... i got a blackberry 7105t from my friend from the USA and i live here in the Philippines... He changed phones so he sent me this Blackberry 7105t now my problem is it has an enterprise activation code i don't know how to unlock and my SIM CARD here in the Philippines is not being accepted... How can I unlock this Blackberry??? He did not give me any PIN CODES or something for unlocking..... I need help....

JSanders
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
First call your "friend" and ask him to have the BES policies released if it has that. It also might be easier to ask the "friend" to call his carrier and have it unlocked, since he/she is a friend, they would surely do that if gave you a phone.

Otherwise, look at the sponsor section on this site and use one of those for unlocking... that is the business they are in.

azmmza
03-02-2007, 04:22 AM
i need help.... i got a blackberry 7105t from my friend from the USA and i live here in the Philippines... He changed phones so he sent me this Blackberry 7105t now my problem is it has an enterprise activation code i don't know how to unlock and my SIM CARD here in the Philippines is not being accepted... How can I unlock this Blackberry??? He did not give me any PIN CODES or something for unlocking..... I need help....

i can get the code for you

just visit my site
Unlock Your Blackberry 8800 Pearl (http://www.unlock8800.com)

lsk
03-02-2007, 05:11 AM
ummm.. i'm just a kid? i don't have any credit card or any of this kind?

lsk
03-02-2007, 07:34 AM
isn't there any free downloadable program on the net for me to unlock my BB myself? this is such a selfish world..................

dc/dc
03-02-2007, 07:43 AM
isn't there any free downloadable program on the net for me to unlock my BB myself? this is such a selfish world..................

No. Absolutely not. You need to come back to reality.

dc/dc
03-02-2007, 07:44 AM
ummm.. i'm just a kid? i don't have any credit card or any of this kind?

If you're just a kid, why do you need a BlackBerry? You do know that you will not be able to use any features except for the phone and SMS right? You will have no internet capability.

lsk
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
i am 19 years old but i'm still studying actually.........

JSanders
03-02-2007, 10:05 AM
i am 19 years old but i'm still studying actually.........

So join the real world and pay for the services you receive. Everything in life is not free, nor can all technology be pirated. At some point in the future you might like to make a buck and you may understand. Perhaps while you are still studying, you might check out "free enterprise".

And FYI, you are not a kid anymore. You are 19, your peers are dying for you in Iraq, you can vote, and you are of legal age to sign contracts and open a bank account. No need to keep playing the kid angle.

dc/dc
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
So join the real world and pay for the services you receive. Everything in life is not free, nor can all technology be pirated. At some point in the future you might like to make a buck and you may understand. Perhaps while you are still studying, you might check out "free enterprise".

And FYI, you are not a kid anymore. You are 19, your peers are dying for you in Iraq, you can vote, and you are of legal age to sign contracts and open a bank account. No need to keep playing the kid angle.

Just as a note, he is in the Phillipines, which as far as I know does not have a force in Iraq, but you are still correct in that 19 years old does not qualify as a kid, and thus the excuse can no longer be used.

JSanders
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Just as a note, he is in the Phillipines, which as far as I know does not have a force in Iraq, but you are still correct in that 19 years old does not qualify as a kid, and thus the excuse can no longer be used.

You are correct, I stand corrected.

John Clark
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Take it easy folks...The guy is just asking a question. I didn't have a credit card when I was 19. Anyway....

Isk,
It sounds like you may have 1 or 2 problems. Is the BB asking you for a password to get into the BB? If not, then the Enterprise Activation "code" you are referring to, is that the icon on the home screen that asks for an email and a password? You don't need to use that. You can just hide the icon or leave it and don't use it.

As for the sim card problem, if the phone is "sim locked" (different than the phone being locked and requiring a password to get in) then you will need to have your friend call TMobile and see if he can get an unlock code from TMobile. The only way TMo will give an unlock code is if you are a customer in good standing (meaning you pay your bill on time.) If he can't get an unlock code from TMo then you'll need to pay one of the 3rd party unlocking services to get you an unlock code. There's no other way. Reputable unlocking services are GSMPhoneSource.com and some others listed in our sponsors forum.

If you don't have a credit card, try to find someone who does and just pay them back, if possible.

If/when you get it unlocked the BB could still have IT policy restrictions on it. You may have to remove that. See this link (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/67224-remove-policy.html) for information on how to do that.

I know it seems like a pain, and it is. It's just the way the cell phone/BB world works.

Hope this helps.

JSanders
03-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Take it easy folks...The guy is just asking a question. I didn't have a credit card when I was 19.

John, very true, he was, and there were attempts to answer and help the OP.

However his subsequent post "isn't there any free downloadable program on the net for me to unlock my BB myself? this is such a selfish world" (while he may have been joking, who knows?) is such a prevalent attitude these days with people pirating others' intellectual property (software, music, video, etc.) it raised my alarm. I have several friends in the software and/or music industry who have their property stolen from them everyday because of the prevalence of today's attitude that certain things can always be gotten for free... thus my mini-rant.

If that shoe does not fit the OP, then I hope he/she will ignore my post.

lsk
03-02-2007, 10:23 PM
please help me open my BB........ i need it badly.......... well.......... if i cant find any opening tools for this then thank you for your help anyways......... *hmph*

lsk
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
i have question anyway... i have a TMo BB ryt? what if i wipe the OS and install a Cingular OS? is that possible? coz Cingular works here in the Philippines.... i have a Motorola from the USA that is Cingular and my SIM here in the Philippines works with that Cingular phone.. what if i wipe the BB OS of TMo and install Cingular instead?

mike_187
03-03-2007, 12:22 AM
that will not work, the phone will stay locked to the original provider no matter what kind of wipe you do and which provider OS you load.

spend 20 dollars on ebay or one of the sponsors and get it unlocked, its worth it.

lsk
03-03-2007, 12:36 AM
so it will stay locked to Tmobile?

John Clark
03-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Yes.

THE ONLY WAY TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE IS TO PAY ONE OF THE UNLOCKING SERVICES.

If you can't get TMo to unlock it then that's the only way. End of story. Sorry, friend. it's only going to cost you $20-$30. It's not that expensive.

lsk
03-03-2007, 05:09 AM
t if i give you the PIN and IMEI can u get the unlock code? but in 7105t the "mepp2" or "meppd" thing does not work.... how can i do this?

JSanders
03-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Lsk, you have been given the answers you need to do what is needed to unlock your BB. Read what John Clark and Mike187 stated very clearly.

also, the correct letters are "mepd" to find out if it is locked. Good luck.

John Clark
03-03-2007, 10:30 AM
The reason some say meppd is because on SureType devices you have to double tap these letters in. You have to hit the O/P button twice to get a "p".

Isk,
No need to ask your question again. You question has been answered. Pay to have your phone unlocked or drop this. Nobody can do it for you here. We've told you how to go about it. We've all had to pay to have our phones unlocked at times. It's not that big a deal.

***Thread Closed***