PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking an 8707h from O2

BalckberryQueen
03-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I have (2) 8707h Blackberries that was sent locked.
I need to unlock.
I'm waiting on the locks codes from O2, but in the mean time, is there any place online where I could find this?
Also once I have the codes, is anyone familiar with the process to unlock the device.
I need to get these up and running today for folks who are traveling so any help is appreciated...

Thanks

JSanders
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
BalckberryQueen: You can purchase the service from a vendor should O2 not be timely for you. Check the vendors in the Sponsors Forum on this board. I don't know of a free service unless you get friendly with someone who can generate the code. The process is simple and will come with instructions.

BalckberryQueen
03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Thank you!

To get the codes from 02 is anywhere from 2-21 days.
I need to get these devices out today if possible.

I have no problems paying for the codes if I can get the devices up and running.

JSanders
03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I have not used one of the vendors here to unlock, never had to unlock any, but I have read good feedback on them here.

dc/dc
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Your difficulty will be that the vendors on this forum generally just have codes for US devices, which the 8707g/h is not.

Hayden-san
03-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I have (2) 8707h Blackberries that was sent locked.
I need to unlock.
I'm waiting on the locks codes from O2, but in the mean time, is there any place online where I could find this?
Also once I have the codes, is anyone familiar with the process to unlock the device.
I need to get these up and running today for folks who are traveling so any help is appreciated...

Thanks

Hello, I used "UnlockItNow.com" for my UK 8707v

<sales@<hidden>>

You can call them by Phone: (+356) 998-555-72
and I think they are open now.

You need to give them (money, naturally) your IMEI number, which is in the Settings, Status Screen, or also written on the white label under the battery.

In return for your money you get a 16 digit unlock code.

The actual process of unlocking the 8707 is thus:

Instructions to unlock your Blackberry phone.

Warning! The Wireless Mode MUST BE OFF before
performing the given SIM Unlock instructions in order
to avoid causing the device from becoming defective.

How to turn Wireless Mode Off:

1. Turn Wireless Off.
2. Press Select.
3. Wireless Mode will turn off.

How to SIM Unlock the device:

1. Go to the "Options" screen
2. Select the "SIM Card" option
3. Type ALT-MEPD (hold ALT key while typing the 4
letters, M-E-P-D)
4. Release the ALT key, it should then display a list
"SIM, Network, Network Subset, etc..."
5. To select "Network" type ALT-MEPE (since E is the
key that gives 2 when shifted)
6. Release the ALT key, it should then ask for the
code
7. Enter the unlock code provided.

Note: In case of difficulties when entering the code please try the alternative instructions below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alternative Instructions how to enter the unlock code.

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps.
It is recommend to use the SIM card that your phone is currently working with *****

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. Does it say Network active? if so your phone is locked

7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the 16 digit unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm

9. Your phone is now unlocked

s1m
03-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Your difficulty will be that the vendors on this forum generally just have codes for US devices, which the 8707g/h is not.

Mr.Unlocker on eBay can unlock all BlackBerrys, even European BlackBerry models.

awslee
04-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Mr.Unlocker on eBay can unlock all BlackBerrys, even European BlackBerry models.

I got an email from ebay stating that Mr. Unlocker is a scam. Anyone can confirm that?

JSanders
04-09-2007, 08:35 AM
awslee, I can't confirm whether or not you got an email from Ebay in that regard, but if you look at the individual's Ebay feedback, it looks fine to me.
eBay My World - mr.unlocker (http://myworld.ebay.com/mr.unlocker/)