PDA

View Full Version : 8800 screen

skipper
03-02-2007, 09:28 PM
so it happened. got a brand new 8800, had it for 3 days, dropped it, watched it slide across my floor and under my fridge and it got the be-jebuses scrated right on the screen.

Tried wax, tried toothpaste. Nothing. Can the screen be replaced? Is it easy to do or do I just need to refocus my eyes for the next 2 years to try and not look at this giant scratch on my email (which isnt as bad as it sounds, but its only 3 days old - so anything is bad).

bmw1986
03-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Do you have insurance on it?

gadgetfanatic
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
It happens every time. A new model comes out and BAM!!!!!, they start hitting the ground. Sorry to hear it bro.

Pizzle
03-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Eventually, I'm sure new casings will be available from ProMobility and others. However, it won't be for a long time. Sorry to hear it happened.

brmcguire
03-03-2007, 02:20 PM
And I thought my dead pixel was bad. Sorry to hear about your drop.

archer6
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
so it happened. got a brand new 8800, had it for 3 days, dropped it, watched it slide across my floor and under my fridge and it got the be-jebuses scrated right on the screen.

Tried wax, tried toothpaste. Nothing. Can the screen be replaced? Is it easy to do or do I just need to refocus my eyes for the next 2 years to try and not look at this giant scratch on my email (which isnt as bad as it sounds, but its only 3 days old - so anything is bad).

I've had similar experiences, then discovered this product that is almost too good to be true. Works exactly as one would hope. Works when others do not. Will remove nearly every type of scratch, abrasion etc. Buy all three bottles #1,2 & 3. As they are all of different grades. This is an amazing product which works chemically instead of abrasively. It will remove all but the deepest scratches easily. Then for the ones it cannot remove you can still improve it dramatically to the point where it's hardlly noticeable. Truly amazing, easy to use. And by the way use a micro fiber cloth, also sold at the auto parts store.

Here's the link: Novus Plastic Polish Ltd. (http://www.noscratch.com/novus/)

Let us know how this works for you.

You can find it at most auto parts stores, although it's not just for cars. It's specifically for removing scratches in platic panels. I don't work for them, just a very satisfied customer.