PDA

View Full Version : Earphones/Adapters

kevin714
03-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Hi I bought some ear phones that fit into the blackberry but sound only comes out of one ear. Then I bought an adapter and used the headphones from my ipod and still sound only comes out of one ear. Why is this? Are there any earphones that I can get sound out of both ears?

simeezee
03-03-2007, 02:10 AM
i think this will do
BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail (http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category&page=product_detail&fromcategory=Headset&category=Headset&pid=F2222VW23MASLM68JC2)

there's a white one also

John Clark
03-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Most of the adapters that you can buy don't work on the Pearl. Try the adapter from Seidio. It has received good reviews. Also, many have commented that the jabra c220's are good and don't need an adapter. do a search using some of these keywords and you'll come up with some good info as well.

~John

Stinsonddog
03-03-2007, 02:35 AM
check out the new jabras at their website too.

rivviepop
03-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I just followed up to an old thread the other day, over here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/46817-stereo-headset.html#post468420

These are the Body Glove "Earglove" headphones - $35 at the local Best Buy, I bought them on an educated guess and they work fantastic. As noted the midrange is a bit muffled (think a male deeper voice, or lower guitar chords) but the bass range is good and the hi's are good as well, female vocals come out nicely.

I give them a B+ or A- - cheap, they *stay* in your ear nicely, you can remove that stupid over-the-ear thing, and sound not too bad.

product linky: http://www.bodyglove.com/products_detail.php?product_id=9603

whiskey101
03-03-2007, 02:11 PM
You have to connect the adaptor to the ear phones before plugigng them into the phone. If I do not do it in this order, then I get sound only in one ear.

canonbomb1987
03-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I just tried the 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm adapter from Radioshack and returned it the next day. No sound came out of it, even though the adapter had 3 rings on the plug. So the seidio one is still the only adapter that works.

Roadking
03-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I went crazy with the same thing. I have really good Shure ear phones but couldn't find and adapter to get them to work properly (Radio Shack, Cingular, etc.) until I purchased the adapter from Seidio. Then they worked perfectly.
Good luck

septahedra
03-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I have the BB original headset. The sound is decent, but it doesn't fit my ears comfortably (my ears hurt after several minutes of use). You can buy it from ebay for about $16 (shipping included), which is half the official price.

I'm buying this Plantronics MHS213 headset, because somebody put up a review on Amazon saying it works flawlessly with his BB8100. You can buy it from Newegg for $22 (plus $5 shipping). It's supposed to be a lot more comfortable because it comes with 3 different sizes of rubber ear tips. I'll write a review once I got it.

canonbomb1987
03-03-2007, 10:44 PM
I went crazy with the same thing. I have really good Shure ear phones but couldn't find and adapter to get them to work properly (Radio Shack, Cingular, etc.) until I purchased the adapter from Seidio. Then they worked perfectly.
Good luck

What kind of Shure headphones do you have? I have the EC3 (black) and love them, perfect for trans-atlantic flights.