PDA

View Full Version : ALOT ALOT OF BB 8100 PEARL QUESTIONS.Please help me out

rockme
03-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello.
Iam going to ask in numerical form to make it easier to read and answer.Now my plan is everything but internet.I can only go on aim so idk if that helps.BUT THANKS ALOT FOR ANY HELP!.PLEASE TO MAKE IT ALOT EASIER CAN YOU QUOTE ME AND JUST ANSWER IN CAPS RIGHT NEXT TO MINE.THANKS ALOT

1-The silver button on thetop of the phone.Whats the point what does it do ect.

2-FOR SOME REASON my phone will no connect to the network and not work.Like sometimes it will do it.It wont let any calls in.It happen once but wtf was that about?

3-When iam getting a call the phone will bring up the hourglass and sometimes not even let the call in just load and then it will show up once theyve hung up.WTF!!!

4-My light goes dim after like 10 sec.How do I keep it so it stays the brightest till Iam done then it can go on dim (notice it will not go back to being super bright at all!)

5-Does it have a video recorder ( I know its gots a cam)Just can it record vids

6-the phone says "data connection refused" what does it mean?

7-Also when I try to get on aim it says after it gets to 80% com Error please check your setting

8-How the hell can I type the second letter thats on a button? wheniam in the contacts screen I have to click delete then click again to get the second letter.Is there any way to make it like normal.click two times you get so and so letter?

9-I got this phone used and the phones email setttings are all set to the old guys.How do I delete them.I dont want to see his email I dont even want that there.

10-I have my phone set up with the 6 main tabs then you can go into more.Is there a way to set what those six tabs are?

11-whats enterprise activation?

12-do I need internet to be able to see "maps"?

THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR HELP.i REALLLY APRECIATE IT.

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 12:34 PM
First of all, from these questions, it appears you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your account. That is the answer to several questions:

1-The silver button on thetop of the phone.Whats the point what does it do ect.

It is there to annoy you. Sorry; during a call it is the mute button. It can also be used to put the phone in standby mode.

2-FOR SOME REASON my phone will no connect to the network and not work.Like sometimes it will do it.It wont let any calls in.It happen once but wtf was that about?

WTF. Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan? If not, all you will get is voice and SMS text. Was this a pre owned phone (like maybe on eBay)?

3-When iam getting a call the phone will bring up the hourglass and sometimes not even let the call in just load and then it will show up once theyve hung up.WTF!!!

WTF. The phone is rebooting. What version of the handheld OS is running (Options / About will tell you). Are any third party applications loaded?

4-My light goes dim after like 10 sec.How do I keep it so it stays the brightest till Iam done then it can go on dim (notice it will not go back to being super bright at all!)

In low light the BB will darken the screen in order to save power. If it never goes to bright, it may be a hardware problem.

5-Does it have a video recorder ( I know its gots a cam)Just can it record vids

No.

6-the phone says "data connection refused" what does it mean?

It means you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

7-Also when I try to get on aim it says after it gets to 80% com Error please check your setting

You don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

8-How the hell can I type the second letter thats on a button? wheniam in the contacts screen I have to click delete then click again to get the second letter.Is there any way to make it like normal.click two times you get so and so letter?

WTF. WTH. Quite the mouth. I'm guessing one of our younger customers. If you can not figure out Suretype, press and hold the * key when typing in a message. That will enable "Tap" mode so you can treat it like your favorite cell phone or Sidekick. WTH.

9-I got this phone used and the phones email setttings are all set to the old guys.How do I delete them.I dont want to see his email I dont even want that there.

So it IS preowned. Should have said that upfront.

Go into Options / Security Options / General Settings
Click the menu key (the one to the left of the Pearl) and select Wipe Handheld.

This will erase ALL customer data - notes, tasks, calendar, messages and any other personalization.

10-I have my phone set up with the 6 main tabs then you can go into more.Is there a way to set what those six tabs are?

I am not sure what this means...

11-whats enterprise activation?

It is used to set up your BB for a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If you do not have a corporate BES (and you don't) then you can hide this icon (scroll to it, click the menu key and Hide Icon).

12-do I need internet to be able to see "maps"?

Yes.

Enjoy your BB. Read the Sticky Thread FAQs. Lose the attitude.

Good luck.

rockme
03-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Sry bout the attitude just got frustrated.

But can you explain the Plan that I need? I'm a tmobile customer and have a plan with them.I need another plan to use the phone?

John Clark
03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I think I just read this post somewhere else....NJ? (y)

John Clark
03-03-2007, 12:52 PM
rockme,
You need a "Blackberry Data Plan" along with the voice minute plan of your choice in order to get data from your Blackberry.

Also, it sounds like you're using the Zen theme. The 5 tabs are simply the first 5 apps in the list or on the screen. Simply move icons to the first 5 and they will show up in the "tabs."

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I think I just read this post somewhere else....NJ? (y)
Check the time stamps. My other thread came FIRST. But it is pretty funny.

rockme
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Wow thats a bummer. I thought I couldt just switch phones sim's and Iam good to go.

and yeah I posted this in another forum.thats how much anger is running thru me.

W.e I guess I lucked out

John Clark
03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I just did....by two minutes!

John Clark
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
rockme,
This should help with many of your issues.

Livelink - Redirection (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=1271117&objAction=browse&sort=name)

backbeat
03-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Lose the attitude.

8-How the hell ...

A single expression of how the hell is attitude within a very polite post? Tempest in a teapot.

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Thank you for your opinion. I guess you missed the multiple WTF.

backbeat
03-03-2007, 02:09 PM
OMG! Where's John Ashcroft when we need him? :smile:

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 02:16 PM
And your point is? John Ashcroft is busy defending terrestrial dinosaur like radio stations against the proposed XM/Sirius merger. Is that what you are referring to?

Or the fact that some of us prefer to keep the conversation civil. Does that offend you that I am trying to keep the forums civil?

I am more offended that you added nothing to this thread!

backbeat
03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
John Ashcroft is busy defending terrestrial dinosaur like radio stations against the proposed XM/Sirius merger. Is that what you are referring to?

Dinosaurs must stick together, eh? As long as they don't dance to the music, that is. :smile:

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Still not sure why you are offended...

rockme
03-03-2007, 02:36 PM
thanks for the help.
sorry I acted like a kid!!!.Got the phone working properly.But iam sure ill be back :-)

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Excellent - with a BlackBerry Data Plan, it will work even better. Check out the numerous sticky threads (and tips and tricks) and you will REALLY love it.

Good luck.

rockme
03-03-2007, 03:28 PM
The problem with that plan is that Iam not 18 So I cant make my own plans so bummer.Iam just really mad that on my other phone I could go on aim but on this one I need a whole plan for it.Is there any other way I can transfer some sort of aim to my phone?

And second.In the phonebook.I still cant figure out how to type the second letter in the number.Like #1. R how do i get it? I know how to do it in texting (even thou I use predictive texting) Just i cant figure it out.Help!

Also putting the phone on stanby does exactly what? reject calls or just puts it on "kinda like a keypad lock"

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't there is any Instant Messaging at all without a BlackBerry Data Plan - sorry about that.

I'm not sure what isn't working with the second issue - Suretype is not predictive typing or T9. When you type a word (or a name) do not look at the screen, look at the keys. When you hit a space, Suretype figures out what you meant to type - assuming you hit the right keys - and replaces the work. For example, I type ER OP CV JK M ER <space> and it replaces it with rockme.

If you are trying to type an alpha number (like 1 800 FLOWERS) hold down the ALT key (lower left hand corner) and type the letter itself.

rockme
03-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey.Let me see how I can explain.

Go in your phone book.Now press the number 3. How do you get it to pick the letter you want. It gives me mine randomly.Sometimes I sometimes U.I dont know the pattern.I want to to type Rupright and I cant get the R. It keeps giving me the E

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Type more than one letter. Type the letters corresponding to rupright and it will figure it out....

John Clark
03-03-2007, 03:58 PM
go to your phone book and just type the letters of the name you want. Pay no attention to the letters that are going in. It'll work.

did you download the manuals I linked you to above? That would really help you out.

rockme
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks.Love the fast responses.And i cant download the manuals right now.

rockme
03-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey Iam running into a freezing issue.

when iam listening or watching the samples (music,movie) the phone will freeze.The sandbar will come up stay there then the phone shuts off.What do I do?

John Clark
03-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Seems like this was an issue with earlier software. What is the software version on the phone? Go to Options >About and post the number should start with 4.2.x.xx

rockme
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM

And how can I get songs unto my phone? I just discovered I can play songs while going thru the phone!

John Clark
03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
My friend....you really need to do some searching of the forums. All of your questions have been asked and answered. We're here to help but you have to help yourself, too.

Use the media manager in Desktop Manager to transfer songs. However, without a microSD card you are limitied in file size in phone memory. You can't put a full mp3 on just phone memory, it won't let you.

To keep from getting hourglassing while watching videos Make sure other apps are closed before running Media player. Use alt + esc key to close everything except for browser, BBmessenger, phone, Messages, and Home Screen.

rockme
03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I hear you.But is my model num up to date?

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 04:43 PM
No. 4.2.0.71 is the latest.

rockme
03-03-2007, 04:45 PM
What do you recomend I do? Should I recall Tmobile? or is it a problem I can go to a store and get the phone flashed

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2007, 04:47 PM
You have to follow the instructions earlier in the thread and start reading the Sticky Threads and searching. It is fairly easy to upgrade the firmware on a BlackBerry. The instructions have been posted many times. Many times today, even...

You have to start looking around. Please.

sarbin
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
NJBB & JC...
Thanks for all you do, helping folks on the forum.
(y)

Schneider
03-03-2007, 06:52 PM
i just got my new pearl yesterday, and it kinda sucks, it has alot of problems. i also have a motorola E1000 - wich is alot better now that i have the pearl and i see that its not all that at all.. im so disappointed about this =/ its my first bb

John Clark
03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
i just got my new pearl yesterday, and it kinda sucks, it has alot of problems. i also have a motorola E1000 - wich is alot better now that i have the pearl and i see that its not all that at all.. im so disappointed about this =/ its my first bb

Is there a question in there somewhere? Can we help with anything?

Schneider
03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Is there a question in there somewhere? Can we help with anything?
na thank you (:

kankanman
03-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Dont know why but this thread made me laugh. All the WTF's..... plus he never heard of a search button. I would have gave up already on helping. You moderators got patience, i tell u what

yg17
03-04-2007, 12:33 AM
The problem with that plan is that Iam not 18 So I cant make my own plans so bummer.Iam just really mad that on my other phone I could go on aim but on this one I need a whole plan for it.Is there any other way I can transfer some sort of aim to my phone?

WTH does anyone who's under 18 need a phone for? My 18th birthday present was my first cell phone, and not anything fancy like a Blackberry, but a basic Sony Ericsson. And I still paid the monthly bill to boot, just the phone itself was the gift.

But I digress. Anyways, I'm one of those who believes that without a data plan, a Blackberry is utterly useless. I'd recommend begging your parents to get you the data plan, tell them you'll pay for it. It's only 20 bucks a month.

What do you recomend I do? Should I recall Tmobile? or is it a problem I can go to a store and get the phone flashed

No, you can do it yourself. Instructions and the neccesary downloads for doing so are all over the forum