PDA

View Full Version : Patch Issues?!

ducatidds
03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
My 7290 has been slowly becoming a paper weight, it will crash during calls,emails,browsing for no apparant reason. Of course, Im 8 weeks outside of warranty.

I downloaded newer software which pretty much added a few icons and changed some fonts. But crashing problem still remains.

Should I just give up and pony up more cash for a new device? Ive been with T-Mobile Support and Rimm support and feel like a ping pong ball.

LunkHead
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I'd say if you used javaloader and did a -usb wipe on it, then re-installed the new OS and are still having issues that it might be time to send it off to a permanent resting place...

If you have not tried javaloader or Jl_Cmder on it, then you might give that a try, reload the OS and see if the issues continue...

ducatidds
03-03-2007, 04:07 PM
thanks Lunk, we are doing this with Rimm right now..they thought it might be a problem with my data, but we wiped it and still have the same issues with or without data...still working on it...thanks again

LunkHead
03-03-2007, 04:12 PM
No problem... I hope they can save it's life.... I loved the 7290.... It's a tank!