PDA

View Full Version : Curious...

May
03-03-2007, 02:42 PM
...is there anyone else out there that gets their emails in both their email inbox and their message/text inbox on their Pearl?
I'm pretty new to the world of Blackberries and am pretty sure I'm just being dumb and missing some sort of obvious fix....but it's really annoying to get 2 notices for one message.
PS...this is my first post, so I feel like I should introduce myself.... 23 y/o blackberry newbie, cruzing the forums to learn how to utilize all the great features that aren't self explanitory on the Pearl. :smile:

John Clark
03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
That is just the way it works. The "Message" folder isa dumping ground for all messages. Your email is filtered out into another folder. I just hide my dedicated email folder and just use the "Messages" folder.

Welcome to the forums

May
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Good deal, thanks for the info and the welcome!!

alinton
03-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Unless of course you load a new Theme which has separate mailboxes for email and SMS messages, like I did.

The Vodafone Today theme does, althuogh its a horrible design IMO, but the O2 one does too and its nice.

See previous threads about loading different providers' themes, incl at least one I posted on last week.

Andy.

John Clark
03-03-2007, 03:18 PM
A fairly complicated procedure for a new user. However, since you brought it up, here is the thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/ringtones-themes-wallpaper-discussion/28821-blackberry-alx-edited-files-packaged-theme-installation-4-1-4-2-only.html

May
03-03-2007, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=John Clark]A fairly complicated procedure for a new user. However, since you brought it up, here is the thread:

You weren't kidding when you said "complicated!" I opened up the link and it was just miles and miles of text...I think I may have gone cross-eyed!! No but really, thanks for the link, I'll mess around with it and see if that's the route I want to go...though just deleting the extra email inbox seems to have solved my problem...THANKS!! :smile:

alinton
03-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Yep, thats where I got some of the instructions from, but the thread I was part of last weekend condenses it a bit, and makes it a little easier I think:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/66629-version-updates.html

Check about 2/3 of the way down, I posted a step by step instruction.

The newest OS I found worked fine for me is Vodafone's, its .71 I think (couldn't get Cingular's download of the same vers to work) and the O2 version of blackberry.alx has the nice theme with separate SMS mailbox.

Its not perfect but best I've found.

Andy.