PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7290 Problems!

pnf382
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Hello

I've been having problems w/ my 7290 recently.

Sometimes I get an "Error 411" and my device shuts off and the battery is dead. Even if it is fully charged...

Also sometimes during calls or just roaming, I'll lose reception where I'd normally have reception.

I've tried installing a new firmware but it hasnt helped at all. I'm not 100% If I'm doing it properly though...

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

ducatidds
03-03-2007, 04:05 PM
hang in there, im in the same place as you...been on with tech support grand total 12 hours btwn tmobile and Rimm

moleman2k
03-03-2007, 08:43 PM
device error 411 is a radio failure.

There are 4 possibilities

1) Bad software (Try reloading handheld w/o any third party apps/data)
2) Bad SIM Card
3) Network issue (Not likely though)
4) Radio in the device gone bad.

pnf382
03-03-2007, 10:19 PM
device error 411 is a radio failure.

There are 4 possibilities

1) Bad software (Try reloading handheld w/o any third party apps/data)
2) Bad SIM Card
3) Network issue (Not likely though)
4) Radio in the device gone bad.

how would i go about reloading the software properly

anwer38
03-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello .. .. please help mee .. .. !!
Guys, i loaded an alx file, (something.alx) into my BB 7290, using the USB and Desktop manager and after the automatic reset, it shows the HOUR GLASS for some time and then resets again or gets stuck, but never shows the home screen, I reset it (got the battery out and put it back in) but no use .. .. since it doesnt turn ON, it doesnt connect with the desktop manager too. Please tell me wut to do .. .. please .. .. !!

I used the JL Loader and wiped the set, (chose the wipe option in the JL Loader console) but the same thing happens again !!

Pleez help me, i live at a place where no body even understands BB .. .. !!

John Clark
03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
This thread should instruct you on what to do next.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/60360-there-way-really-wipe-your-device.html?highlight=wipe#post414629

Pieroots
03-27-2007, 05:21 AM
Hello anwer38,
after installing a dictionnary software on my 7290, I had exactly the same problem as you "it shows the HOUR GLASS for some time and then resets again or gets stuck, but never shows the home screen".
Have you tried the john clark's trick ? I'm at the office now but I'll will try it this evening... If you've already tried, does it work ?
John Clark, the problem is that the 7290 switch on during about 10 seconds (with the hour glass) and after it reboots, etc. Don't you think it's a problem, because the pc doesn't have the time to detect the BB after it reboots. Will it be possible to wipe the BB ?

PS : sorry for my english...

anwer38
03-28-2007, 12:58 PM
We both have the very same problem .. .. first of all, download JL_CMDER from this forum and then install/unzip it on ur computer, connect ur BB to the computer, run the JL_CMDER and select No. 5 on the options menu and follow the procedure .. .. it will wipe ur handheld. (Do not run the desktop manager while doing this).
But, the problem is that, i have been trying to wipe my BB for abaout a week and still my BB has the same problem as yours .. .. so we both are pretty helpless .. .. but the guys on this forum are really very helpfull and cooperative .. .. they wil surely help us out. So, as soon as i get a solution to my problem, i will let u know the complete procedure.
Thank you.

Regards.