PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Calendar Tool or DST Patch corrupted CMIME Service Book

e00i3@mac.com
03-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Has anyone experienced a CMIME Service book corruption on all of the devices after the DST patch / Exchange Calendar tool update? Last night I updated the DST on my exchange servers. But after we all completed and add the bes permissions back, most users could not send but only receive emails. After checking the mapi32.dll version and using the latest that was on the exchange server, i restarted the services and still nothing. The kicker was that a few (i included) could send and receive with no issue. So then i decided to resend the service books to one of my team members who could not send and this resolved the problem. So my question is has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

exx
03-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Which version of BES & Exchange?

jibi
03-03-2007, 04:19 PM
I had this issue with a select few users. I honestly think it had more to do with a reboot of the device than with the patch itself.

kpoland
03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I had this issue with about 25 users. I just had them delete Desktop [CMIME] and Desktop [SYNC] and I repushed from the BES.

One user I had to reactivate.

mahoward
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Instead of re-pushing, you can have the user simply click "Undelete" which will bring it back and initiate a fresh re-sync. This usually does the trick. Often this is easier to have them do as well, especially when you are nowhere near a BES console.

Drifter
03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm having the same problem, but it is only affecting network admins. The users seem to be working fine. I'm thinking it might have to do with "protected accounts" mentioned in blackberry article KB04707.

This may be the answer to my problems: support.microsoft.com/kb/907434/