PDA

View Full Version : 7250 dialing by itself

sylvain
03-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, sort of. My wife keeps her 7250 within her purse (not in the caddy) and every now and then (a few times a week!) it dials the last dialed number. Very annoying when it does that a few times in a row :-( Anybody knows why this happens? I thought that may be it a single key press could dial a number but that only happens from the phone menu (the Return key) but she says she always bring it back to the main menu.

Thanks.

skawt
03-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, sort of. My wife keeps her 7250 within her purse (not in the caddy) and every now and then (a few times a week!) it dials the last dialed number. Very annoying when it does that a few times in a row :-( Anybody knows why this happens? I thought that may be it a single key press could dial a number but that only happens from the phone menu (the Return key) but she says she always bring it back to the main menu.

Thanks.

The buttons are obviously getting pressed while in her purse. She should hold down the * key before putting it in there to lock the keypad. To unlock, press * [green phone].

sylvain
03-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. On the 7250, the '*' (also the 'A' key) is a quick dialed key so it's not working to lock the keyboard. If she press the 'K' key ("Keyboard lock"), it will do just that.

Thanks.

skawt
03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
There's one other thing to consider. I have a Motorola bluetooth headset. I discovered that when the headset is paired with the phone, and I press the button on the headset, it will automatically redial the last number dialed. Just something to consider.

sylvain
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks but she doesn't have a bluetooth headset.