PDA

View Full Version : invalid sim card error on 8700

jolly4God
03-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I am very new to BB, my cosuin just upgraded his phone so he sent his bb 8700g that he was using on O2 to me, when I insert my sim card into it and activated wireless, it gave an invalid sim card error. do I need to get the phone unocked before I can use it on another network (MTN)?
please help

LunkHead
03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Yes you need to get it unlocked 1st.... That's why you are getting the error.... It's locked....

Dubdub
03-04-2007, 06:25 PM
As long as it is a GSM phone and you are on a GSM network, an unlocked phone should work.

To get Internet and email, you will have to have a BB dataplan from your carrier.

You should also make sure your cousin deleted their BIS account (if that is what they used) and released the IMEI and PIN so that you can register your BB on BIS. If it was used on a BES account, then you need to ensure that all corporate IT policies have been removed. Otherwise you have an expensive paperwight if you can not remove them yourself.

LunkHead
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
It's fairly easy to remove the policy if that is what you get..... Just reply back here and you will be hooked up........

jolly4God
03-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Thank you very much, please what is the easiest means to unlock the phone?

jolly4God

Yes you need to get it unlocked 1st.... That's why you are getting the error.... It's locked....