PDA

View Full Version : Regular Gmail VS Personal Domain on Gmail

tru2life
03-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Something a little odd.....my regular gmail gets forwarded pretty quick but the email I get from my domain on Google is pretty slow. I moved my domain email to Google because gmail was so fast.

Is this known issue? Is there anything to do to improve it or do I just have to deal with it?

JSanders
03-04-2007, 05:50 PM
It's not an "issue" but rather it's the way BB push email works. The BB pushes normal POP email about every 15 minutes. GMail comes immediately, but your POP account hosted on google is PUSH.

tru2life
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
What you say makes sense to me but why is it different? Both are being pop'd from the BIS essentially in the same way.

Not looking to argue.......I think you know what you are saying just curious.

JSanders
03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
1. POP email issue - RIM 'pushes' the email about every 15 minutes (and rechecks in two minutes if mail is found). Your email server is hosted with Google, but it is not Gmail. It's that way no matter where you host, google or whoever, to push your POP mail over to the BB.

2. GMail issue: I don't understand the technology, but GMail gets sent instantly, someone else can explain that. I understand Gmail and Yahoo are both instant.

tru2life
03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
thanks man.....

geekman686
03-07-2007, 01:38 AM
For what it's worth, my personal domain emails on yahoo are sent to my blackberry almost immediately... when yahoo email works.