PDA

View Full Version : 8700g Case wanted.... Is it out there?

nostril
03-04-2007, 08:00 PM
After a few weeks alternating between the OEM holster and a 3rd party leather pouch I picked up at CompUSA, I have decided what I want in a case/holster

1. J-hook = very important, so it won't slide off my belt during vigorous activity or when getting in and out of the car

2. cover flap- not one of those 2 pieces of something with elastic in between, also very important to prevent my 8700 from going swimming when I "drop trow" to use the commode

3. a fixed clip or firm ratchet clip - not one of those swivel clips (they flip around too much, and my case always ends up pointing upside down)

4. full surround protection- the OEM holster provides no protection to the back of the unit if you brush against anything abrasive (no in-laws jokes please :smile: )

5. a non-exorbitant price tag- I am sure that if I drop enough bills someone will make me one to order.... but I am really looking in the $20-$25 range no frills.....

Material?? I don't care leather, plastic, and Italian marble are all fine ..Just not Naugahyde!! I can't stand the way they club those baby Naugas just to get their hides ;)

Does this case exist?
So, can one of you point me to the case of my dreams?
Thanks in advance BBF members!

jlink38
03-05-2007, 01:38 AM
check out the OEM full case, i believe its leather or lambskin or something, cost me like 18, and its pretty damn near perfect for carrying, and i'm very active.

takeshi
03-05-2007, 09:13 AM
RIM's leather cases meet all those requirements.

nostril
03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks ...
Is it available from RIM or through a 3rd party reseller? I did not see anything like that at my local T-mobile shop....?

JSanders
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
It is available from TMO, all the retail stores here have them, as stated above they are nice.

nostril
03-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Just got the OEM belt pouch case on Ebay (under $20 total) I LOVE IT!! Great fit even with my BSE skin!
Thanks all