PDA

View Full Version : why does my time keep changing on my 8100?

Sirius_GTO
03-04-2007, 08:01 PM
My time keeps changing... why is it doing that?

thanks a lot.

for example, it will be at central time zone, then some times it changes to Eniwetok, Kwajalein.

It just started doing this lately and it pisses me off because I woke up late today because the time changed.

thanks

beyondalegend
03-04-2007, 08:13 PM

thanks a lot.

for example, it will be at central time zone, then some times it changes to Eniwetok, Kwajalein.

It just started doing this lately and it pisses me off because I woke up late today because the time changed.

thanks
Who's your carrier?

canonbomb1987
03-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Try doin a hard reset and see if that takes care of the problem. Seems like a software issue.

harm_dzines
03-04-2007, 08:40 PM

thanks a lot.

thanks

Mine used to do that also when I first got it. What I did was
1. Connect to computer
2. Open up Blackberry Media Manager
3. Double click "Synchronize"
4. Uncheck "Update device's date and time"
Since then, I have not had that problem again.
Hope this helps you

ChinoxL37
03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Finally.a question I can help with! I had that problem too check your your computers date\time setting. Control panel or double click the bottom right hand cornre and make sure central setting is set. Mine wasn't set est and eneritime I plugged in to usb it automatically changed setting. I was scratchin my head for 2 weeks. Woohoo mmy first help reply I feel so... Helpful? Lol

Sirius_GTO
03-04-2007, 10:51 PM
chinox - not too helpful but A+ for effort lol.

beyondalengend - Cingular.

harmdzines - I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Sirius_GTO
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
looks like the reset worked and removing the battery. thanks

PCgirl
03-05-2007, 11:31 PM
I have this issue too and this is my third Pearl (due to various software issues) -- my time keeps going back an hour and I have to keep updating the time at least once a day. I've been on the phone with TMo numerous times and they've tried so hard to resolve the problem and I've gone through application loaders, soft resets, hard resets, DST patch, wipes and restores and finally, I am on the phone on hold with RIM right now.

I also have an issue with custom ringtones deciding to change on me when someone calls, but the song is saved correctly in the contact's info. And sometimes the general ringtone will revert to the TMo jingle.

I'll keep you posted...

Flapjack
03-06-2007, 03:10 AM
I had the same problem, with it switching to the same time zone. I pulled the battery and it stopped.

thanks a lot.

thanks

Ghostrocket
03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi all new to BB got mine today, however i do know the issue you are chatting about and i am guessing that some of you are using Vista ????
As we had the same at work new laptops with Vista after the BB was connected then disconnected the time zone changed. There has been a new release of the desktop software with a SP1, installed this and voila all gone :)

Hope this helps