PDA

View Full Version : Where did he get that skin?

naxet
03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Where did the body genius get that rubber skin for the 8800. I cannot find a site that sells it. Some UK and cananda sites pics of but state they are not available yet.

dubya dubya dubya.boygeniusreport.com/2007/02/14/acessories-blackberry-8800-skin

justin.culp
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
yeah...that rocks!

bcaslis
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
It appears to be this one: Blackberry® 8800 Skin cases – Black-HDW13751001 (http://www.blackberryking.com/accessories.asp?model=Blackberry-8800c&category=Cases&subcategory=Form-Fit_Skin-Case&skuno=7244)

Outrigger
03-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Just placed an order, will let everyone know how it is once I received it.

Sparkomatic
03-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Luck duck. I added it to my cart but the checkout link just stalls and never loads.

Quisto
03-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Blackberry® 8800 Skin cases – Black-HDW13751001
I was looking for a skin like this but haven't been able to find anything. Too new, I guess. I also ordered the screen protectors. I don't know if they are needed. I am coming over from touch screen TX. Thanks again.

RogersJoel
03-06-2007, 04:02 AM
I have bought full skins from blackberrysource > seems like a good deal and after my full skin from bestskins ever that covers everything i will never go back. So worth it and its like its not ever on there!

Outrigger
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
The only reason I like it is because I miss the rubberish feel on my Treo 750. I find it very useful for grip. I don't like the feel of that silicone skin, so hopefully, this will have the same feels as the 750 without adding bulk. I also ordered a privacy screen so you can't see anything if you view it from the side, only directly from the front. I hate it when people sitting next to me on the train leer over to see what I'm looking at, so rude.

infernox
03-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Only things I hate about these rubberized skins are: 1) dirt/lint easily attached themselves to it and 2) they are difficult to slip the phone in and out of pocket because they are "sticky".

Outrigger
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I do have to say that they shipped it out 5 min after I placed the order! I tried to call in to change the shipping address, and they said already shipped, amazing. I paid the regular dhl ground, and I already got it 5 minutes ago. They're in VA and I'm in NY so I guess its not far. anyways, my impression of it is that it looks nice but I don't like it because I thought it was a hard case like the seidio one I have for the treo. This is a high quality silicone case. Its extremely thin, so thin that I can still slip the BB into the pouch that it came with. Second, it looks VERY good on the device. Takes about 1 to 2 seconds to put on and take off. I don't think I can return it because there's nothing wrong with it. So if anyone is interested PM me. Its brand new with the plastic package. It looks exactly the same as the pics shown in BG's photos except it has a Blackberry logo in the back and on the top part, it doesn't cover the ear piece and the word blackberry. Looks real good, I just thought it was something else. Oh well. One surprising thing is that its not sticky, just gives you enough grip.

JEEPers
03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I am interested ... PM sent.

Sparkomatic
03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think I can return it because there's nothing wrong with it.

It says they have a 30-day return policy.

Outrigger
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks, wouldn't have seen that.

Sparkomatic
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
You may have been right in not returning it. I ordered one today and thought I noticed that they charge a re-stocking fee. Could be wrong though.

JEEPers
03-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Refund
i. Moftware has a 30 day refund policy from the date of invoicing.
ii. All open box refunds are subject to a deduction of 15% of product price or $5 (whichever is higher) for handling & restocking charges. *Charges not applicable if product is broken/defective.
iii. Original shipping charges are non-refundable in all cases.

uhhhmenono
03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
ordered it yesterday, showed up today.
the skin seems a lil bit loose, tad too big i guess
now my 8800 is protected, i just need to get a screen cover

nimocone
03-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I got the skin as well today. It fits nicely but I have a very hard time getting it in and out of the holster the phone came with because it's "sticky". It looks very nice and is very comfortable to grip. Kind of like a wet-suit feel. I also bought the screen protectors listed on the site. 6 for 8 bucks or so. Will be applying that shortly. They are cut so it follows the curve from around the top of the trackball and up to the top, around the curve of the bottom of the silver at the earpiece. If that makes sense... Very large covering area.

Sparkomatic
03-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I got mine today. It's a nice product but I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. I'll give it a day before I decide to use it or not but I'm leaning towards not using it right now. It does change the appearance of the unit a bit since it hides most of the chrome finish.

The skin I got wasn't loose. A decently snug fit.

justin.culp
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I ordered mine yesterday and recieved it today! Could not believe it! IT rocks and so does blackberryking. Customer for life.

ntgcmlfu
03-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Does anyone has any other picture of Soho Series Vertical Case for Blackberry® 8800 other than the one from the website? I would like to know whether it has the clip or swivel on the back or not. I really do not like that one.

NLU Products
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Only things I hate about these rubberized skins are: 1) dirt/lint easily attached themselves to it and 2) they are difficult to slip the phone in and out of pocket because they are "sticky".

ScreenGuardz has protectors: 15 for $9.99. BodyGuardz has full body protectors -- 2 body protectors and 3 screen protectors for 24.95. They don't stick when trying to put them in your pocket. Nice product. screenguardz.com and bodyguardz.com.

RogersJoel
03-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Ok up to canada i got my bodyguardz skin within 1.5 days! Shipping was 28us but whatever i am in canada and i got two for 50 basically. Seriously guys if you haven't used one of these before you don't know what you are missing. No extra thickness to you phone. No hard to get in pocket. Its like its not ever there. But it is and you can put your phone on anything and nothing touches it. When you take it off nothing sticky is left over and your phone is mint! It covers every square inch except the keys.
LOVE IT......just wish bestskins would make theirs so they are cheap.

naxet
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I like it, I do have to admit thought to a previous posters point, it is more difficult to get in and out of the pocket and does pick up a lot of pocket lint. However I like to keep the unit in my pocket instead of wearing it on a holster. Combined with a screen protecter I feel the unit is pretty secure.

H3LLFIRE
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Eh, the skin for the 8800 from Blackberry King is just okay. Very grippy. Makes holding the 8800 more secure and confident. At the same time, though, as with most skins it makes slipping the Berry into pockets or the OEM holster very difficult. It collects dust like crazy. Seidio is supposedly releasing a rubberized hard case next week with a plastic holster. I'd hold out for that if you haven't already ordered the skin.

That70sGAdawg
03-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I got the skin also from Blackberryking- very fast shipping had it next day. I like it- already received several compliments in 3 days...

No Longer Registered.
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, just FYI... I will be shipping the OEM BlackBerry 8800 Black Skin for BBF members only for $7.99 shipped!

Anybody interested, PM me. I'll receive my stocks on Monday.

Or you can email me at chinesecatt@<hidden>