PDA

View Full Version : Pearl vs 8300

zimbu1234
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
In the Rumor Mill there is a thread about the new Blackberry 8300 that has just been leaked. Here is the link http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/67843-blackberry-8300-a.html.

I love my Pearl, but I may consider switching to get wi-fi and a 2.0 megapixel camera. The keyboard actually looks better than the 8700 and 8800.

Anyone else considering switching from your Pearl?

I feel bad for the suckers who got an 8800.

zimbu1234
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
No Comments on this? This is the hottest news of the day?

blakeatl
03-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Only difference I see is the qwerty and the upgraded camera. Wifi would be of no huge use if your service is good with your provider.....in my opinion of course.

brfilora
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
No Comments on this? This is the hottest news of the day?

Most comments are probably going into either the newly formed 8300 series discussion or the Rumor mill (i.e. the post you linked to above)

I think the phone is nice, i'd consider switching over for the Wifi and Qwerty keyboard, though I'm really comfortable with SureType now.

I'm hesitant to get anything ANY larger than the pearl. Though it looks as thin as the pearl, it seems kinda wide. The whole reason I'd never gone "smart phone" before the Pearl was because I wanted a phone as small as the pearl, I love how easily it slides in and out of jeans pockets.

I gotta admit, although a slightly larger screen for movie watching would be nice, i still think it's too big...(Though that IS dependent on how large the hands in those pics are...)

zimbu1234
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Most comments are probably going into either the newly formed 8300 series discussion or the Rumor mill (i.e. the post you linked to above)

I realize that there is discussions over on those two other forums, however, I figure most people in this forum are Pearl users and are so because they love it for the same reasons you stated. Hell, your reasons are the exact same as mine.

So I was wondering if Pearl users could be swayed. While I said I may consider it, I don't think I will.

kankanman
03-05-2007, 05:30 PM
i've seen the hype a new phone brings to the forums. i have the 8100 and when the 8800 was set to be released, there was so much buzz. Everyone was saying things like, "man this phone is so friggin awesome" and "when it comes out imma switch right away!" Worst of all, people started comparing the pearl to it and made it seem the 8100 was obsolete.

now, yet again another new phone has come out and, yet again, more comparisons to the pearl to make it seem diminutive. it seems people like to switch phones like crazy and buy everything new and shiny that comes out. i love my pearl. im stickin with it. i spent mucho dinero on it. its a longterm investment. its all about preference

xxaarraa
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes, I would. The only thing the 8800 lacks in my opinion is a camera. Wifi would be a bonus.

blakeatl
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
i've seen the hype a new phone brings to the forums. i have the 8100 and when the 8800 was set to be released, there was so much buzz. Everyone was saying things like, "man this phone is so friggin awesome" and "when it comes out imma switch right away!" Worst of all, people started comparing the pearl to it and made it seem the 8100 was obsolete.

now, yet again another new phone has come out and, yet again, more comparisons to the pearl to make it seem diminutive. it seems people like to switch phones like crazy and buy everything new and shiny that comes out. i love my pearl. im stickin with it. i spent mucho dinero on it. its a longterm investment. its all about preference

Amen!!

justdonating
03-05-2007, 07:13 PM
In the Rumor Mill there is a thread about the new Blackberry 8300 that has just been leaked. Here is the link http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/67843-blackberry-8300-a.html.

I love my Pearl, but I may consider switching to get wi-fi and a 2.0 megapixel camera. The keyboard actually looks better than the 8700 and 8800.

Anyone else considering switching from your Pearl?

I feel bad for the suckers who got an 8800.

Unless it is a 3G Blackberry, I'm sticking w/ my Pearl. For a 3G unit, I could make myself like a larger Blackberry.

zimbu1234
03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I doubt it. If you look closely at the pics it says GPRS in the top right, but that don't really have to mean anything I guess.

John Clark
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Probably will stick with my Pearl. Just can't beat the size.

JJB236
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I will stick with the Pearl too. Wifi, UMTS, qwerty are good, but not as important to me than the size and weight. With the popularity of SureType, I'm sure RIM will be introducing the next generation Pearl with 2.0 mega pixel camera, 3G, etc.

nuncles
03-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I will stick with the Pearl too. Wifi, UMTS, qwerty are good, but not as important to me than the size and weight. With the popularity of SureType, I'm sure RIM will be introducing the next generation Pearl with 2.0 mega pixel camera, 3G, etc.

Agreed. Don't think I will replace my pearl until there is a 3G version. I have the luxury of being patient since 3G isn't expected to roll out in my area until next year.

TheBigNewt
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the next one I get will have WiFi and 3g I can tell you that much. Once you have that a bigger screen then the pearl makes sense.

yg17
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM
I love the features, I just don't like the form factor. Give me the 8300 in the Pearl form factor and I'll be happy.

I could care less about 3G. Hell, I don't even have EDGE coverage where I spend 9 months of the year for college. 3G won't be coming here anytime soon.

kathrynhr
03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
3G would definitely be worth a switch. WiFi is not, as it is very location-specific.

I'm sure I will be Pearlin' it until there's a 3G Blackberry available.

ChumsGum
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
I'll wait for a 3G Suretype phone.

kurrupt_1
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm sticking to my Pearl for the FFF (form, fit, function).

brfilora
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
What does 3G mean?
Maybe a stupid question...I dunno

The county I live and work in (Oakland County, Michigan) is supposed to be Wi-fi blanketed by the end of this year so Wi-fi would be nice...

P.S. John Clark - I like your avatar modification, nice. I'm a big LOST fan myself...(y)