PDA

View Full Version : Tethering Problem & General VZW Question

blackberrykyle
03-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm on my third FRU 7250 from Verizon in the past two weeks and each one has had a unique problem. I'm really starting to lose my patience. Here's today's issue:

I tether to my laptop. I can connect fine and everything is going great for about five minutes. But at about the five minute mark, I stop getting any data through. The arrows in the top-right corner just show incoming but no pages will load at all. If I disconnect at this point, the AccessManager software locks up. Once I re-start it, I can connect fine again and begin the cycle all over again. Anyone with any experience with this problem.

Also, since I'm on my 3rd refrub, at what point is it appropriate to ask for/demand a new unit? Heck, I don't even care if it's a new 7250. This whole process has been much more difficult than it should have been.

Thanks.
Kyle

:bb:

ima_shy_guy
03-07-2007, 11:03 AM
I am having the same issue. I have upgraded the handheld, desktop, and VZaccess software to the the newest releases and still have the same problem. I have been tethering for over a year with not so much as a hiccup. Now this happens EVERY time. All 25+ CSRs I have spoken with have no idea why this is happening nor that it is happening to other VZW users. I am on a BES with Corp IT policy but I have spoken with with our admin and there is currently no restriction for tethering on the server or handheld. At a loss... in more ways than one!

blackberrykyle
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
shy guy....

I spent some time with a Verizon CSR yesterday and updated my VZAccess software. This seems to have done the trick for me. No problems at all today. You might want to try to update again.

With that said, I have been very disappointed with Verizon. They should immediately send all Blackberry users to a BB data trained rep. It would save time and make for much happier customers.

FWIW, I asked every person I talked to during this process about the 8800. All claimed ignorance...but a couple said that I shouldn't upgrade to an 8703e if I wanted an 8800....both said that I should be a little patient.

ima_shy_guy
03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Kyle,

You were correct!!! After speaking with another 7 CSRs, I spoke with a wonderful young woman named Erica that directed me to (victor zulu apha mike dot com) I was able to download a newer version of the VZAccess Manager than what is posted on the vzw or smithmicro sites. So far so good!!!!

Mods if this is inappropriate please delete before banning me.

Thanks Again BLACKBERRYFORUMS!!!

Kind Regards,
Harry