PDA

View Full Version : Email & Calendar Views?

rhwd2003
03-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I watched the video again that comes with the 8800 and also on Blackberry8800.com and if you notice in there they show a snapshot of a user viewing his email and also looking at his calendar which both show some pretty awesome views of both that I have never seen before on any blackberry device. If you look at the video you will see how nice and neat the calendar looks, any advice here please? Is this a different theme I need to download?

dxbsam
03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
was looking at the video over and over again and i had the same question as you :)......hope someone can solve this....

ACJones
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm not the only one who's been wondering this then? Cool! If I go to the theme download site on the BB home page, it says there are none currently available for my 8800 device/software. I also can't see any options that would result in these sweet views. False advertising I wonder? ;-)

Outrigger
03-08-2007, 03:45 PM
you guys have to keep in mind that its an advertisment. it means things are exaggerated. Just like all the ads out on the streets and subways about the treo 700w when it first launched. we all know the 700w runs the PPC version of WM5, and yet on the ad, they show a 700w with the smartphone version which isn't possible. in the video, it also showed zooming in on the map was seamless, but when you do it in real life, it doesn't work that way.

ACJones
03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Fair comment, yeah, but to make the vid must mean that they had made the theme or were at least toying with the concept (and it does look a fair bit slicker than the Dimension/Zen themes I have on the 8800). I like the idea of having an analog clock in the top bar... just for looks if anything. I think it would be cool if they released this theme to the public, that's all.

Adam.

dxbsam
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
so.....we'r stuck where we r:)

Outrigger
03-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Fair comment, yeah, but to make the vid must mean that they had made the theme or were at least toying with the concept (and it does look a fair bit slicker than the Dimension/Zen themes I have on the 8800). I like the idea of having an analog clock in the top bar... just for looks if anything. I think it would be cool if they released this theme to the public, that's all.

Adam.

No, a lot of images can be artificially made and super imposed on things. I'm not even convinced that was a real BB! it looks more like CG images. I believe its just a way to entice people for a new product. MOST will not even notice the difference, only a few of us will. Hell, yesterday was the first time I've even seen the vid. I do not believe something like that exists. Hope someone proves me wrong, but not likely.

plakius
03-10-2007, 01:01 AM
great .. now that i read this i actually watched the video ... it is hott! ... i want that calendar

fonejunkie
03-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Where is this video? I don't see any videos on the 8800 CD...

rhwd2003
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM
You can go to prestored media on your bb8800 or you can just go to BlackBerry 8800 Smartphone Wireless Handled Device | Sleek Design with High Performance Features (http://www.blackberry8800.com) and you will see the video there as well.

Has anybody downloaded the edited alx from the guy here that posts them? Does it have other themes available then whats on our 8800's now?

takeshi
03-10-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm not the only one who's been wondering this then? Cool! If I go to the theme download site on the BB home page, it says there are none currently available for my 8800 device/software. I also can't see any options that would result in these sweet views. False advertising I wonder? ;-)
They look like the standard views with a different bar across the top to me.

You can't take the video literally. I mean, the user swaps between apps without even going through the app switch window for one thing...