PDA

View Full Version : GPS Questions

mshykind
03-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Just upgraded from the 8700 to the 8800. Haven't had much of a chance to "play" with it yet...but used it a lot for daily needs (phone, email, etc..).

I did GPS myself using Telenav from my kid's daycare to my house...a trip I've taken a million times...but just wanted to try it out. Works great!

The problem I had was that when I received a call while in Telenav, it didn't lock up, but I had a hard time picking up the call...either my clicking "answer" on the screen or by tapping my bluetooth headset. Both times I was unable to pick up the call..I had to exit Telenav and then call the person back.

Is anybody else having the problem? I've read somewhere that voicedial doesn't work via bluetooth activiation when using GPS...but I'd like to be able to pick up calls if they come in at least.

Also...I tried downloading that infospace application that I've read about on this forum via OTA download, but it keeps saying "download failed." Anybody have any thoughts on how to correctly download this? All the comments I've read make it seem like a great application.