PDA

View Full Version : Getting PIN released from network???

RogersJoel
03-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Ok I have a cingular 8800 that i bought from the states. The guy i bought it off used it a bit and therfore registered the PIN once with cingular. Now to use it on Rogers or whoever Cingular has to release the PIN from the cingular system so i can register it with Rogers.
Hey any Cingular csr's does this make sense to you if so how do i talk to you on the phone cuz i have called 3 times and the people i have talked to just don't get it :(
Help please someone.
the PIN that needs releasing is 23F24FA2
If you are reading this while at work feel free to release it and msg or PIN me204FC1E2.
This is killing me i have my berry and can't use it.

Thanks in advance for anyone with suggestions or help.

colonel
03-06-2007, 04:54 AM
you need to directly contact Cingular support to release it.

another way of doing it is to contact the guy who sold it to you. did he replace it with a new blackberry ? If he changes his device in the cingular/RIM web based email setup, it will automatically release it.

Dubdub
03-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Sounds to me like the seller did not close out his BIS account and release the IMEI and PIN. I don't think Cingular can do much unless the BIS account is closed.

Have you unlocked the phone to use on Rogers? Where did you get the unlock code - Cingular or one of the unlock companies? I didn't know there were codes available yet, since it is so new. It might not really be unlocked.

RogersJoel
03-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Everytime i post on here or HowardForums with something that could be complex its always the stupid easy things that solves it.
So i bought it and unlocked it from a company. I got ti here and applied the code. Then, i went online and tried to switch handhelds and got that msg. Called Rogers they couldn't - got the same msg.
Called cingular trying t get them to release it......... didn't know what i was talking about or one lady couldn't find the pin attached anywhere.
Then i lost it and went nuts.
Then in bed i decide what the hell i will put in my sim and use it as aphone and browser.
I do it....... and it registers the browswer and stuff with network.
The email settings logo pops up and i figure lets try one more time.
I do........ and VOILA it switched the pins automaticaly for me and i am good to go.

Thanks everyone!
RJ

azmmza
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Sounds to me like the seller did not close out his BIS account and release the IMEI and PIN. I don't think Cingular can do much unless the BIS account is closed.

Have you unlocked the phone to use on Rogers? Where did you get the unlock code - Cingular or one of the unlock companies? I didn't know there were codes available yet, since it is so new. It might not really be unlocked.
I can confirm that the unlock codes for the 8800 are available.
I have sold close to 500 of them already.

takeshi
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
It might not really be unlocked.
What makes you say that? he only mentioned not being able to register the PIN which has nothing to do with the subsidy lock. People have been unlocking the 8800 (except the launch units) as soon as they've been able to buy it.