PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7100i Internet help

mechanicalmetal
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Hello,

My brother just gave me a blackberry 7100i. I only have phone and direct connect. I do not subscribe to a data plan right now. I was reading somewhere on the forum on how to get free internet. Is this possible? and if so, how.

Thanks guys, I feel like an idoit asking this question.

southwestcomm
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry. No data plan, no Email or Web.

mechanicalmetal
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I understand. This guy is claiming you can get free internet.

How to Configure Full Internet Access On BlackBerry

You are interested, if you want to do any of the following, especially if you are an individual prosumer rather than a big corporate user:
Run BES-required Internet software without BES!
Instant Messaging, AIM, ICQ, MSN (Verichat, WebMessenger, BerryVine, IM+, etc.)
Full HTML web browsing ability (Reqwireless, BlackBerry Browser, etc.)
IRC chatting (virca, wlirc, etc.)
telnet/ssh (Idokorro, etc.)
No BES needed! No MDS needed!
Easy 1-2-3 Instructions:
Upgrade your BlackBerryOS
You need BlackBerry with OS 3.8 or later. If you have an older version of BlackBerryOS, please Download BlackBerryOS 4.0 and install it on your BlackBerry first.
Configure your BlackBerry & Your Carrier
On the BlackBerry handheld, go to Options -> TCP
There is a new option in BlackBerryOS 3.8 and later. Then fill in APN with the provided APN listead in the below post, that is appropriate for your carrier. If no username or password is provided, leave these blank. If only a username is provided, then leave in the password. Also, ignore the Gateway IP address, unless your Blackberry specifically has a textbox to enter the IP address in. "APN" means "Access Point Name". Once you have saved the APN information, you should reboot your BlackBerry by removing and reinserting the battery.
Run your BlackBerry Internet Software
Once you have filled this information, your Internet applications should work on your BlackBerry. TCP/IP makes Internet software work, including chat software: Verichat, WebMessenger, IRC, Telnet/SSH, Web browsing, etc.
Occasionally, some applications on the BlackBerry need to have the gateway or APN information entered directly into them. This is not common.

JSanders
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
So, Mechanicalmetal, will you please let us know if it works for you, or does not?

southwestcomm
03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Those are great detailed configuration instructions but the bottom line - no data plan=no Internet. Period.

chico u.p.
03-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Hi All,
I had an 870 w/ Boost and my friend traded his Blackberry for my phone(so basically im still with boost) does anyone know why i cant log on to the BROWSER????

JSanders
03-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Hi All,
I had an 870 w/ Boost and my friend traded his Blackberry for my phone(so basically im still with boost) does anyone know why i cant log on to the BROWSER????

Because you have not purchased a Data Plan as the prior messages in this thread have answered... Trading Blackberrys with your friend and inserting your SIM in it does not make the data work if you have not purchased it.

chico u.p.
03-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Because you have not purchased a Data Plan as the prior messages in this thread have answered... Trading Blackberrys with your friend and inserting your SIM in it does not make the data work if you have not purchased it.

so i could still order the data plan and use the BROWSER(thats kool) i thought since i had BOOST, i thought i would'nt be able to get the DATA plan since its a Blackberry( and i thought BOOST dont work with Blackberry's)...but i guess ill give them a call.... Thanx .(y)

JSanders
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't know specifically about BOOST. They will know if they have a BB Data Plan.