PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly can't synch with my PC or laptop


sjc_rn
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I am suddenly unable to synch my BB with my computers. I have been able to do it up until recently. Changes that might be the cause?
-Added the daylight savings time patch
-I was using Outlook 2007 beta and now am using Outlook 2003
Any solutions?

JSanders
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Are you using the lastest version of Desktop Manager? if you go to your carrier's website, under support for you phone model it should be listed, or you can find it on the RIM website.

sjc_rn
03-07-2007, 01:12 PM
On my laptop, I am using the version that came with my BB and on my computer, I downloaded the newest version which worked initially very well. I hadn't used my laptop to synch since I started using the newer version on my PC.

Dubdub
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
What operating system on the laptop? What version of Desktop Manager? What BB?

Have you tried removing the battery and rebooting the BB?

miles512
03-09-2007, 08:55 PM
The same thing happened to me today after I added the daylight savings time patch for Outlook. I was able to resolve it by resetting the configuration, and then reconfiguring, in the Desktop Manager. Hope this resolves your problem.

sjc_rn
03-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Being a novice, could you explain exactly what you did?
Thanks much!

miles512
03-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I will do my best. I've only owned my BB for 6 days so I'm also a novice.

1) Open up Desktop Manager and double-click Intellisync
2) Under "Configuration" click "Reset Configuration"
3) Click "Configure PIM" and reestablish your App configurations.

Right after I did that today I was immediately able to sync again.

mswarr
03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I followed the above poster's instructions and was able to also synch immediately after resetting and then reconfiguring the synch. Thanks for the fix!

Dubdub
03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
You need DM 4.2 to work with Vista and Office 2007.

tucker2
03-23-2007, 08:02 AM
I will do my best. I've only owned my BB for 6 days so I'm also a novice.

1) Open up Desktop Manager and double-click Intellisync
2) Under "Configuration" click "Reset Configuration"
3) Click "Configure PIM" and reestablish your App configurations.

Right after I did that today I was immediately able to sync again.

Thanks so much, that worked for me!