PDA

View Full Version : Hide filed messages / Outlook => BB

Guido8800
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
All,

I want messages to automatically leave my BB inbox once I have filed them in Outlook on my desktop PC inbox.
My BB message>options are set to "hide filed messages=Yes", so why does a my BB not reconcile when I move a message from my desktop inbox to any personal folder?
Is there any other setting that I must consider?

Thanks

SBibbo
03-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Are you using cached Exchange mode in Outlook? If so, there is a known problem. Also, make sure that you've sync'ed to the server in Outlook before you reconcile the BB.

Guido8800
03-08-2007, 05:22 AM
No sure about the cached Exchange mode in Outlook, but here is what I found out:
As long as you are filing items into folders that are located within your exchange mailbox (.OST) and not to personal folders (.PST) incoming mail that you file in those folders will reconcile properly (sometime, it takes a couples of minutes) to the BB device.

Would be nice though to have BES and outlook also consider items that leave my outlook inbox and are filed to my personal folders.

I guess it needs just an intermediate step of filing from my inbox to any .OST folder (so that the BB knows it is gone from my mail inbox) and then sorting it on my desktop pc into the correct personal folder ...

takeshi
03-08-2007, 09:24 AM
It would be nice... You also can't permanently delete items before BES has a chance to reconcile those items.

Guido8800
03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Exactly, so what the time lag difference have you experienced between moving files on your desktop (deleting, or moving into other cached folders (.OST)) and receiving the change on your BB?