PDA

View Full Version : Can I storage in the MicroSD files like Word or Excel ?

brosenz
03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Do I need any special software installed in the 8800 device to be able to handle (mainly view) the excel and word files in the 8800 ?, thanks

Stinsonddog
03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Can store but can't view. Hopefully in the future.

Mustang5ohhh
03-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Forgive my ignorance ... and laziness for not searching but, what is it meant to hold/store if nothing can be seen/accessed ?

mortys11
03-07-2007, 08:24 PM
music, photos and video

Mustang5ohhh
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok ... bear with me.

I'm only going to be getting my 8800 in a week from now so I have no idea how this works.

You can store music, photos and videos on the SD but can't see or access them on your BB ?

Just curious

mortys11
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
no

you CAN see your photos, listen to music and watch videos but you can not see spread sheets and word docs. only media files.

but can you store and email templates/forms in word or excel is a better question.

brosenz
03-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Can store but can't view. Hopefully in the future.

nimocone
03-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Forgive my ignorance ... and laziness for not searching but, what is it meant to hold/store if nothing can be seen/accessed ?

When using it as a storage/transport device, think of it like a thumb drive. Something to transport those files til you get to a computer that can run them.

ARHYTHMATIK
03-08-2007, 04:24 AM
What about if you're using eOffice? Anyone here using this program that can give us info on whether you can open docs from the microSD using eOffice?

colonel
03-08-2007, 05:36 AM
What about if you're using eOffice? Anyone here using this program that can give us info on whether you can open docs from the microSD using eOffice?

I don't know about this. But I have just downloaded the free eFile from this company and it does not seem to be able to see the memory card. This does not bode well for the app suite. Perhaps you could ask their support dept. directly and post back the answer here. I would be interested in the result.

colonel
03-08-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't know about this. But I have just downloaded the free eFile from this company and it does not seem to be able to see the memory card. This does not bode well for the app suite. Perhaps you could ask their support dept. directly and post back the answer here. I would be interested in the result.

I just received a very nice email from eOffice support (Dynoplex) saying that the next version, shortly for release, will be able to read and write files on the SD card. They did not supply me with a release date as they are beta testing it currently.

danbra
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I just received a very nice email from eOffice support (Dynoplex) saying that the next version, shortly for release, will be able to read and write files on the SD card. They did not supply me with a release date as they are beta testing it currently.
We can provide you with the beta version, it has all the functionality now. If you're interested drop me an email den@<hidden>

planetpeck
03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Are the DynoPlex apps usually pretty good?