PDA

View Full Version : I cannot receive MMS pictures on my Pearl

Threeracers
03-08-2007, 04:40 AM
I appear to be having a problem receiving MMS pictures on my Pearl. I get a message that says “Could not receive message content. Try again later” in the header. In the body of the message it says ***Not Retrieved Yet***

Clicking on retrieve in the menu gets a message that says its retrieving but nothing happens.

I have successfully sent a picture MMS.

I am in the UK and on Demon (which I believe uses Vodafone) if that makes a difference.

Many thanks

Mark

Worm
03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
"I have successfully sent a picture MMS."

When was this as it's incredibly likely you settings are wrong? Believe there should be a service book for MMS.

If not obviously settings then attempt a send to self.

If you receive this then look at originator, which network are they on? Have you ported via this network as possibly you still have an entry in their MMSc subscriber database ? If this is the case they will be trying to deliver the message straight to you, rather than forward to your current carriers MMSc.

The "push" message contains MMSc URL and message ID, you will be barred from accessing your old nets MMSc and so never be able to retrieve.

If you do not receive test to self or it fails to send (likely) then request that MMS service book is pushed, then that they check
1.) the correct APN for MMS sending/retrieval is on your HLR/SGSN subscription entry
2.)that you are provisioned and not barred in their MMS Subscriber database.

cheers

Worm

Threeracers
03-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks for those thoughts.

It seems to have sorted itself and I got the MMS I was expecting later in the day - I actually got four so it must have been constipated! I did telephone vodafone in the morning and although later they said that they did nothing their end the messages came through a few hours later.

So its a mystery as to what caused it but it works.

Mark