PDA

View Full Version : New Pearl owner, tons of general questions, and looking for opinions!

Ty.
03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I got my pearl a little over a month ago, and i really havent done much with it. This is my first blackberry phone, and as of today im using as 'just a phone'.

From looking at this forum, there are a LOT of different programs/things i can add to my phone at no charge/little charge to make it a much funner phone. Im looking for some general opinions on what/where to get things.

What i want to use the phone for:

-Calls (obviously :P)
-Email through my Gmail account
-Text Messaging (as of now, i cant even recieve or send a text, i dont know why?)
-AIM
-Organizing
-Surfing the internet when im bored at work :)

I have seen that people download different browsers? What about the text messaging problem? How do i download AIM? Is there an addition charge for the AIM? Right now i have the Blackberry 4mb email plan, im not sure what all that includes....

Thanks for ANY help you guys/girls can give me!

-Ty

harm_dzines
03-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I got my pearl a little over a month ago, and i really havent done much with it. This is my first blackberry phone, and as of today im using as 'just a phone'.

From looking at this forum, there are a LOT of different programs/things i can add to my phone at no charge/little charge to make it a much funner phone. Im looking for some general opinions on what/where to get things.

What i want to use the phone for:

-Calls (obviously :P)
-Email through my Gmail account
-Text Messaging (as of now, i cant even recieve or send a text, i dont know why?)
-AIM
-Organizing
-Surfing the internet when im bored at work :)

I have seen that people download different browsers? What about the text messaging problem? How do i download AIM? Is there an addition charge for the AIM? Right now i have the Blackberry 4mb email plan, im not sure what all that includes....

Thanks for ANY help you guys/girls can give me!

-Ty

"to make it a much funner phone"? 8-)
Sorry, had to point it out.
Check out Handango.com

Schneider
03-08-2007, 08:46 PM
i dont think that you can make it alot funner.. buy if you had Motorola then you can, because you have alot of things for it and they are all free..

cliffr39
03-08-2007, 09:46 PM
with a 4mb plan you can't really do as much. In just 3 days I used over 2.7mb and that is just email (no big attachments) and pin messages... not surfing the web. You can download a few different programs to work with your AIM account that use data (your 4mb), or you can find the one that comes with the T-mobile devices (OZ something) which will use text messages for AIM.

Schneider
03-08-2007, 09:48 PM
What are "PIN" messages?? and how can i find out what my PIN Is??

NJBlackBerry
03-08-2007, 09:51 PM
You have GOT TO read the Sticky FAQ Threads at the top of the General BlackBerry Discussion forum. Please.

John Clark
03-09-2007, 12:41 AM
That would make the phone a lot more fun.

Schneider
03-09-2007, 01:35 AM
realy?