PDA

View Full Version : What is Blackberry messenger ?, how I use it ?, how I know the users id ?

brosenz
03-08-2007, 09:48 PM
thanks

NJBlackBerry
03-08-2007, 09:53 PM
In order to use BlackBerry Messenger you must know the PIN of the other person's BB. Each PIN is unique and tied to the BlackBerry itself and not the e-mail address.

boedarnez
03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
While in BB messenger choose "add contact" and you can choose anyone who has email setup on their blackberry. In the message that the system composes for you (but you can edit if you'd like) it provides a link for the person to either download BB messenger if the don't have it, or add you to their contacts list and start chatting with you. I've gone through this a could times this week, as I'm new to BB, too and wanted to get this feature working.

Good luck, hope that helps.

takeshi
03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
What is Blackberry messenger ?

Basically an IM app for Blackberries (and only Blackberries as it uses the PIN messaging system).

how I know the users id ?
Ask them?

kmcvey
03-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Does this use the data package of the plan or does it come out of your SMS minutes?

cliffr39
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Does this use the data package of the plan or does it come out of your SMS minutes?

we answered your other thread. This uses data
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/68589-blackberry-messenger-sms-minutes-bb-internet.html?posted=1#post476459