PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth problems with Toshiba Satellite P105-S6084

bruce73
03-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Does anyone have this laptop and can actually get the Bluetooth driver installed? I've updated to the Toshiba stack v.5.10.01, but the install gets stuck on the driver installation. When plugged in, Desktop Manager sees the 8700c and I can sync data, no prob. Window's Device Manager also sees the BlackBerry, showing the driver as RIM's. And, to be expected I guess, the Bluetooth support option is greyed out in Desktop Manager.

I've read some posts suggesting to remove the Toshiba stack and to go with XP's (my OS is MCE2005), but I can't seem to get that to work. I'm not clear on exactly how to edit the bth.ini file (if that's, in fact, what I should be doing) and how to proceed after that.

I don't know if this is a problem with Toshiba or Windows or the 8700c. If anyone can offer me some tips/links, etc., that would be great.

Dubdub
03-10-2007, 02:40 PM
The bluetooth implementation on the BB is for voice only, no data. Since this is more of a business tool than a consumer product, my assumption is the real users (government and corporations) didn't think it was a good idea to have data implemented.

bruce73
03-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Fair enough, didn't know that. Thanks for responding, though. At least I won't be wasting more time trying to get it work. :smile: