PDA

View Full Version : PIN groups

JJFate
09-24-2004, 11:30 AM
I had a situation where the BES was unavailable, but I wanted to send a notification to a group of clients. Is there a way (or a third party solution) that would allow me to save multiple PINS as a group?

Blackberry_guy
09-24-2004, 07:14 PM
no its not possible to make multiple PINS as a group. I havent seen any third party options offered though

Mark Rejhon
09-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Workaround:

1. Compose a PIN Message.
2. Add CC: to other PIN's. Repeat this for each PIN.
3. Save the message to Saved Messages Folder.

Everytime you want to broadcast to multiple PIN's, just select "Reply All" on this saved message.

finch
09-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Workaround:

1. Compose a PIN Message.
2. Add CC: to other PIN's. Repeat this for each PIN.
3. Save the message to Saved Messages Folder.

Everytime you want to broadcast to multiple PIN's, just select "Reply All" on this saved message.

Excellent post Mark! Had always wondered myself if the was a work around of sorts for sending to multiple PINS now I have an answer.

leopard
09-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Onsettechnology has a new solution out for emergency communications via bb's. They offer free webinars so you can check it out. http://www.onsettechnology.com/

JJFate
09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Excellent thanks for the info!

JJ

BlackberryEMS
03-28-2007, 07:41 AM
I couldn't find another thread that addressed this lately, but on my 8800, I am now able to create a group based upon PIN messages within the address book. I remember trying this on the 8700 to no avail, so for those that need a method to update multiple users via PIN, it now exists.
It appears that the groups are stored soley on the BB device.
I hope others find this useful.
Chris