PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry/BES Enterprise/Exchange problem

jsingraham
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
anyone else have any problems with DST today on their BES and/or Handhelds?

We are running Exchange 2003 and BES 4.0 SP6 and have all patches applied to both environments and I have also wirelessly deployed the handheld DST patch to all of my BB users. However, today as the time jumped forward an hour, when I send an appt via my BB or any other BB on my BES, the time that gets loaded into Outlook for any user running off of my Exchange server or any other Exchange server in our network, the time posts on their calendar an hour later than what I sat it for. so for a 2:00pm meeting, it shows up as 3:00pm on the Outlook calendar and any BB that is linked to that account. The BB that sent it is correct, but the linked Exchange account is also wrong.

I am pretty sure it is something either on the BES or the BB devices because anything sent from the Outlook/Exchange side shows up correctly in all mailboxes and handhelds.

I am kind of at a loss, and may call RIM tomorrow and open up a ticket, but just don't know what we have missed.

Thanks for any replies.
Jason

shaqinsactown
03-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Typically that would indicate the original appointment was timestamped with the wrong timezone. Whatever device created the appointment may not have been patched. That or the exchange account that linked to that blackberry has not been DST patched

Ekrimmer
03-12-2007, 01:19 AM
As said above - sounds like the Outlook update was not run. It is not enough to patch just the Exchange server. You also must run an tool against each user's Outlook Calendar to account for entries created before Exchange and the workstations were updated.

You'll want to look here for the TZ update utility:
Preparing for Daylight Saving Time changes in 2007 (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues)

dhendricks
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
As said above - sounds like the Outlook update was not run. It is not enough to patch just the Exchange server. You also must run an tool against each user's Outlook Calendar to account for entries created before Exchange and the workstations were updated.

You'll want to look here for the TZ update utility:

TZ update only fixes PAST appointments in outlook. We've got our BES and Exchange servers patched and outlook's tool has been ran... but any new appointments I make from my PATCHED blackberry 7130 show up an hour later than I set them for when they reach outlook.

Obviously running the tool fixes this but it isn't sticking for new appointments created from the blackberry.

dhendricks
03-12-2007, 11:19 AM
There's a post in the BES Admin folder that answered my question, i cant post the url because i only have 8 posts but this is what it said:

If you have already patched Exchange and you are having this issue RIM is suggesting deleting/unregistering the CDO.dll file on the BES and then copy/register the CDO.dll file. You can look at the link below for th KB article.

After doing this it resolved our issue.

MWBESAdmin
03-12-2007, 12:23 PM
We experienced this same issue on the same exact Exchange and BES software release. We've been on the phone with RIM all morning even after deleting the CDO.dll file the problem still exist.

Any other suggestions?