PDA

View Full Version : TeleNav Maps

nuncles
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Anyone else suddenly have this show up in their icons out of the blue?

Provider is Cingular. Can someone please clarify why they would push a subscribtion program to my phone? Lame marketing campaign maybe?

Can anyone clarify? I'm a bit confused.

MrKyoo
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
What version is it?

~MrKyoo

nuncles
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure. Icon actually opens up the Blackberry Browser. I don't want to agree to the conditions to avoid any suprise fees. How can I find out? It's not in the Applications screen.

Update: the link brings to a download.

Version is 1.0.0.40 and Vender is TeleNav Inc. Descriptions states TeleNav Maps Cingular for Blackberry 8100.

TonyEye
03-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone else suddenly have this show up in their icons out of the blue?

Provider is Cingular. Can someone please clarify why they would push a subscribtion program to my phone? Lame marketing campaign maybe?

Can anyone clarify? I'm a bit confused.
Same here - it just showed up out of the blue. I have no reason to use it and I will keep using Google Maps. I tried to find the app to uninstall but it isn't in the list.

LAME. (n) (n) (n)

JerseyMarine
03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
i just got it also, but i downloaded it. i dont think you get charged unless you sign up for the gps nav...

Stinsonddog
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
You might find it in Browser Push in the Browswer Bookmarks. Heard they were going to push it, but have not seen how that is done other than an icon at the top of the home screen.

cecilia
03-13-2007, 03:49 PM
according to a press release: The red BlackBerry Pearl also includes optional services such as Push To Talk and GPS-based wireless navigation services from TeleNav, Inc. - the subscription-based TeleNav GPS Navigator(tm), and the free - and now wirelessly downloadable - TeleNav Maps(tm).it appears that they may be letting (some?) people with Pearls get the maps so they will want to get the sub.

but don't hold me to that.... :smile:

robkatz
03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
I just noticed this new TeleNav Maps icon show up out of the blue on my Cingular Pearl too. If my corporate users follow the link and sign up for the gps I wonder if it will automatically charge it to our corporate account?

Now I've got to figure out a way to use the BES to push out a policy to remove the TeleNav Maps icon on user devices so they don't use it. If any one has any ideas for this please post them here?

tchen811
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
anybody figure out how to get rid of it?

torn_phoenix
03-21-2007, 06:42 AM
I haven't figured out how to remove it through a policy yet, but I was curious, so I downloaded/installed wirelessly. The information screen says that "TeleNav Maps is a free application..." If you use the GPS Portion, however, it will cost you.