PDA

View Full Version : 7100i Freezing Up

makarizo
03-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I work for a business that exclusively uses 7100i's. Some of the users complain that their BB 7100i will freeze up. Sometimes they can type when it is acting this way, but it takes 30seconds between letters. Other times it just sits there thinking (hour glass flashing) and will not do anything. Strangely the problem will clear up after 5 - 45 minutes. This happens very infrequently but it has happened to every one atleast once and seems to happen at the worst time.

Also, sometimes the phone will freeze up and will not accept commands when trying to delete/listen to voice mail messages.

Has anyone else had any of these problems?

Other that pulling out the battery is there any way to fix this? Nextel seems to be unaware of this problem.

FitzDuffy
03-13-2007, 04:24 PM
If you have several applications open at the same time, it will cause the 7100 to freeze up. I have found that if I push in the wheel, and choose "CLOSE" when leaving Opera Mini or the pre installed Browser, it completely closes the application. Tell your people to start CLOSING, not just minimizing apps, and the performance should improve.

GDBerryuser
03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
hold down the alt button and type LGLG and your log will pull up/ click the track wheel/ delete the log/ and then power off and on again/ this is your BB cookies that sometimes slow it down... i try to do it at least once a day... only takes 10 seconds