PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, need some help setting up 7100g

willischou
03-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Hi there, glad to join this forum. This is my first blackberry, I bought it on eBay. It is a BB 7100g from Cingular. When I received it, I called Cingular to activate my BIS service and now I have connected to BIS. I am trying to setup this device so that I can receive OWA mail since my company won't allow me to connect my device to Exchange (lots of people do, but not me). I've checked the guide and it asked to go to Email settings to setup Personal email, however, all I can find on the device is Enterprise setup. So does any one know how to update the software so that I can setup my device? Also I can't seemed to find browser from this device either, can I update my device so I can use browser?

Thanks in advance!

willischou
03-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Ah ha, I guess search is really a good thing. I have found that I just removed IT retriction and now I can setup my device. That is pretty cool.

JerryD
03-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Hi there, glad to join this forum. This is my first blackberry, I bought it on eBay. It is a BB 7100g from Cingular. When I received it, I called Cingular to activate my BIS service and now I have connected to BIS. I am trying to setup this device so that I can receive OWA mail since my company won't allow me to connect my device to Exchange (lots of people do, but not me). I've checked the guide and it asked to go to Email settings to setup Personal email, however, all I can find on the device is Enterprise setup. So does any one know how to update the software so that I can setup my device? Also I can't seemed to find browser from this device either, can I update my device so I can use browser?

Thanks in advance! Check with your company's Electronic Communications Policy or IT Policy. At my company it is a terminable offense to connect a BlackBerry using BIS instead of BES!