PDA

View Full Version : BBToday problem

Kat1962
03-14-2007, 08:36 AM
I did an OTA download for BBToday application and am having a problem with the weather and stock update. I keep getting "could not open tunnel-failed" on both. However, when I "select" the weather window, it goes right to the Weather Channel website. It just wont show the current conditions in the application. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you in advance.

moosehead
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
I did an OTA download for BBToday application and am having a problem with the weather and stock update. I keep getting "could not open tunnel-failed" on both. However, when I "select" the weather window, it goes right to the Weather Channel website. It just wont show the current conditions in the application. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thank you in advance.

Yeah this is a common error with some 3rd part apps. Have you actually done a search on this error? I'd suggest doing that first.

When i've seen this error it's usually do to you not having your providers APN settings set. What provider are you with? The APN settings are different for each provider.

To locate your APN settings Options-->Advanced Options-->TCP

Kat1962
03-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I have tried to search this particular problem but am only finding that the app is buggy, i.e. email notification text stepped on.

moosehead
03-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I have tried to search this particular problem but am only finding that the app is buggy, i.e. email notification text stepped on.

Ok...have you applied your provider's apn settings and still no luck?

Kat1962
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry if I sound so dumb about this, but no I have not checked provider APN settings and not sure what they should be or how to change it. My provider is Cincinatti Bell. If I am able to google search APN settings, where do I apply them?

Thank You

Kat1962
03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
OK, I google searched and found APN settings, and went under Settings/Options/TCP and entered them there. I hope this works.

JSanders
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry if I sound so dumb about this, but no I have not checked provider APN settings and not sure what they should be or how to change it. My provider is Cincinatti Bell. If I am able to google search APN settings, where do I apply them?

Thank You

You don't sound dumb, but follow the instructions Moose gave you in post #2, how to find your APN settings. Here is a list of many carrier settings, your's could be here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/2185-blackberry-internet-msn-chat-web-telnet-tcpip-no-bes.html?highlight=wap+gateway

BBToday works great, but can be a pain to configure.

moosehead
03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Try looking through this...i'm not familiar with your provider but do see it listed here.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/2185-blackberry-internet-msn-chat-web-telnet-tcpip-no-bes.html

moosehead
03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
JSanders beat me to the punch :-) ....he's provided the same link so you can ignore mine.

Kat1962
03-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Now I'm getting a "Bad DNS Address"

moosehead
03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Now I'm getting a "Bad DNS Address"

Ok so I'm assuming now you've entered your APN settings? if so can you do a hard reset(popping battery out, wait 30 secs and pop back in)...don't forget to turn wireless back ON.

blakeatl
03-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Refresh the weather. If it keeps giving you an error.....disable the weather for a little while.

Kat1962
03-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Thank you blake and moose. I will try your suggestions on hard reset and weather refresh. We shall see what happens. Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know what happens.

JSanders
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Kat, this will work. It took me a bit to get mine working, and it works like a charm now, no prob. When I upgraded my wifes 7100 to 8100, same process, getting it configured right, but it finally worked. Bear with it.

Kat1962
03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
To everyone who posted help above. Turns out that my 7100g had more problems than I thought., ie suretype woudlnt work and a host of other odds and ends. Long story short, my provider swapped me a like new refurb and will try these apps again.

Thanks again guys!

Kat