PDA

View Full Version : 8703e Call log setting perhaps?

jojopus
03-16-2007, 01:24 PM
My boss just upgraded from a 7250 to a new 8703e. He's running into a problem that is driving him nuts....

on the older berry when he would go into the "Call Log" the last person he called would be highlighted in the list and an empty area for phone number entry would be above. So, if he chose to dial manually he would scroll the wheel up once to get to the number entry field and dial the number manually. However if you left the cursor on the list below you could use the letters to do a search. for example if you pushed the "D" key a list of all names starting with "D" in the address book would be displayed. On the newer berry entering letters to do a search does not work, only the numerical keys are enabled whether your cursor is in the number field or on the log list.

Is enabling this just a setting somewhere that i am unaware of?

nez
03-16-2007, 01:29 PM
if you hold down the send key (green key) it will take you to your address book list. hit D and the first name with D will come up, find your name and then press the send key again (green key) and it will dial the number.

hope that helps

FarSeide
03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
couldn't he simply click his jog dial from the call log screen and select "Call From Address Book" ? then you could type in name..

JSanders
03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
couldn't he simply click his jog dial from the call log screen and select "Call From Address Book" ? then you could type in name..

FarSeide, yes, he could, both your and Nez' suggestion work well.

FarSeide
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
FarSeide, yes, he could, both your and Nez' suggestion work well.

what's my prize for the correct answer ?

thanks

DanMan
03-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

Cool tip. Was wondering if they would ever bring back the feature where you typed a letter in the phone portion it would just bring up the address book. At least this is doable