PDA

View Full Version : Reconcile Messages on 8700g

saedtotah
03-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Dear All,

Good day to you.

I am new to the forum and I m glad to be part of this forum to provide support and to also receive support.

I would like to seek your help as I have a BB 8700g and on the desktop manager, under sync the "reconcile messages" icon is blind, and I cannot change it. Please help me to have my sent emails sync with my outlook as I need to back up my sent items. I am using internet servise and not part of enterprise surver.

On my handheld the reconsile messages in options is switched on but still no luck. I am using desktop 4.2.

I would apprciate your support.

My PIN is 204361b8 and my email is saedtotah@<hidden>

Thank you for your suppot.

Best regards,

Sa'ed Totah

jwerges
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I could be mistaken, but I believe that the only way you can wirelessly reconcile e-mail, is if you are using BES.

shaqinsactown
03-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I confirm what jwerges is saying you can only reconcile now with a BES, as the redirector only pushes messages to your blackberry. Its like someone sitting at your computer and auto-forwarding the messages to your blackberry via RIM's network.

saedtotah
03-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Thsnk you so much for your prompt reply. I would like to mention though that I was using a mac and was able to sync my sent emails between the BB and Entourage through Pocketmac siftware available on Blackberry website

Bust now I am not able to do so.

Can you advise if there is any software that ca help me sync my send emails on the blackberry with the send items on outlook?

Thank you so much.

Yours,

Sa'ed

tschloss
03-18-2007, 05:40 AM
If with "reconcile messages" is meant that some actions on the inbox on the BB handheld are refelected back to the leading mailbox on a server then I must say, that this can work with BIS too.

I work with BIS (8700, T-Mobi Germany) on an IMAP-Server and find sent mails in my servers sent folder as well as deletions can optionally be done on both representations.

But with more advanced actions (e.g. moving mails between folders) I have no experience.

Greetz
Thomas