PDA

View Full Version : Seidio's Blackberry 8800 Rubberized Swivel Lock Plastic Holster

seidioseidio
03-16-2007, 03:23 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/alice_snowy/88_hl-1.jpg

ORDER NOW..SHIPPING BEGUN (4/3/2007)!!

The ultimate in convenience and functionality, this locking swivel clip holster is the easiest way to carry and protect your Blackberry 8800. The user-friendly design allows for easy removal of your Blackberry from top rather than bottom. When carried, your device faces inward against a soft foam pad, safe-guarding the screen from potential scratches.

Features:

Added rubberized protection
Sleeper function (puts your 8800 into Sleep mode when inside this holster)
Holster secures 8800 on all sides
Easy access to all useful features such as headset jack, serial connector, and volume control
Inward-facing design protects device screen
Made of high impact plastic (PC-Polycarbonate)
Improved clip attachment and added tension provide more durability
Protects both your screen and keyboard For more information on this product, visit us online (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=697).

For more information on this and related products, contact: lenabanigan@<hidden>

kasperapd
03-16-2007, 03:51 PM
This is great news! I'll be looking forward to the release of the rubberized snap-on case as well. That case/holster combo worked great for my Pearl.

dooks88
03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
almost here!!!

luxaflex
03-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Will this holser have a place for the trackball like the leather ones do. So that the ball does not get crushed all the time? Noticed the ball darkens quite a bit in the holster if it does not have an open area to rest against.

H3LLFIRE
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Will this holser have a place for the trackball like the leather ones do. So that the ball does not get crushed all the time? Noticed the ball darkens quite a bit in the holster if it does not have an open area to rest against.

I agree, I hope this holster for the 8800 has a ridge like the one inside the OEM leather case. But looking at these pics of the holster for the 8100, it doesn't look like it.

seidioseidio
03-17-2007, 06:56 AM

The track ball will not be pushed when it is in the holster just like our holster for BB8100. It has been considered during design phase.

Seidio

BBChristopher
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Looks great....

This is a must have.....
:)

luxaflex
03-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Are you sure about the trackball. I used this for the pearl 8100 and it became black much quicker as the plastic Seido holster pushed hard against the trackball.
Please confirm if the back has a flat or grooved design to give room for the trackball.

guruleenyc
03-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (NXTL7520: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Awesome! Its like my Treo Vaja case! Hpefully t won't be as expensive...

RoadRider
03-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Won't this holster scratch the top of the 8800 over time?

atuarre
03-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Looking at that case, I would rather not put my 8800 in that. It looks like it would be too easy for the 8800 come to out and fall on whatever surface you are presently walking on. I would prefer a case that the 8800 has to slide in and out of kind of like the 8700 case.

takeshi
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Awesome! Its like my Treo Vaja case! Hpefully t won't be as expensive...
Vaja makes holsters like this for the Treo? I wish they made them like this for the Blackberries...

Looking at that case, I would rather not put my 8800 in that. It looks like it would be too easy for the 8800 come to out and fall on whatever surface you are presently walking on. I would prefer a case that the 8800 has to slide in and out of kind of like the 8700 case.
I haven't used any of Seidio's holster like this but it seems like you'd have to pop the latch on top to do that.

dooks88
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Won't this holster scratch the top of the 8800 over time?
it has foam under the clip to protect from scratches.

backbeat
03-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Vaja makes holsters like this for the Treo? I wish they made them like this for the Blackberries.

Why don't they? Your buddy, Supply & Demand, at work.

seidioseidio
03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Are you sure about the trackball. I used this for the pearl 8100 and it became black much quicker as the plastic Seido holster pushed hard against the trackball.
Please confirm if the back has a flat or grooved design to give room for the trackball.

We are sure about the track ball, Seidio has a special design to accommodate it.

Seidio

Inphektion
03-18-2007, 07:46 PM

This was the most secure case WITH ease of use getting the bb out that I've ever used. (used for the 8100). The OEM cases are a 3 of 10 compared to these.

luxaflex
03-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I loved the one for the 8100. No issue at all worying about it falling out. Only concern was the trackball. So you changed this for the 8800 then. Great news.

hf1khal
03-18-2007, 11:19 PM
We are sure about the track ball, Seidio has a special design to accommodate it.

Seidio

I see that the clip is now a bit higher than it is on the Pearl version, this would seem to be less prone ot hit the body side. I had 2 of this for the pearl and that was the only quirk about it. I will have to give this one a try.

fatman
03-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Any chance we might be able to see some closeups? Perhaps showing how the trackball might rest?
Otherwise, looks great. Would you happen to have an ETA?

oester
03-19-2007, 07:11 AM
I had this style holster for my 8700 and loved it. But with the 8800, doesn't the clip on top set right on top of the speaker opening, covering it completely?

fatman
03-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I had this style holster for my 8700 and loved it. But with the 8800, doesn't the clip on top set right on top of the speaker opening, covering it completely?

good point. we may have to rely on vibrator more so than the ringer :smile:

Inphektion
03-19-2007, 01:05 PM
The oem holster covers it too but I still hear it. I don't forsee a problem.

oester
03-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Well... maybe. But the OEM case is a little leather loop that leaves about 1/8 inch space in between the berry and the loop. With the clip, you're getting direct contact with the speaker opening. An the end of the clip has (if it marches previous designs) a little rubber bumber. It may tend to act act a rubber stopper. :) The 8100 has an offset speaker hole.

sdgeiger
03-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Seidio

Can you please tell me when this product will become available?

Thanks,
Scott

seidioseidio
03-20-2007, 07:43 AM

Thanks,
Scott

It will be available in about one week from now.

Seidio

Shazami
03-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I am curious...

How well does it transfer the vibrate alert? Since I'm Deaf and rely on the vibrator quite a bit...

The leather case that came with the 8800, I've thrown that out cuz it was a complete piece of ... cuz i wouldn't feel the vibrate...

H3LLFIRE
03-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I am curious...

How well does it transfer the vibrate alert? Since I'm Deaf and rely on the vibrator quite a bit...

The leather case that came with the 8800, I've thrown that out cuz it was a complete piece of ... cuz i wouldn't feel the vibrate...

From my experience with past cases and holsters, the plastic holsters have always given better feel with the vibrate alert. With the soft cases the vibration always feels dampened. I agree with you, I've had the same issues with the OEM leather case. Hopefully this will improve with Seidio's plastic holster. My only concern would be with the foam/rubber lining inside the holster and if it will have the same dampening effect.

fatman
03-20-2007, 10:03 AM
seidio, are you taking pre-orders?

Shazami
03-20-2007, 10:14 AM
From my experience with past cases and holsters, the plastic holsters have always given better feel with the vibrate alert. With the soft cases the vibration always feels dampened. I agree with you, I've had the same issues with the OEM leather case. Hopefully this will improve with Seidio's plastic holster. My only concern would be with the foam/rubber lining inside the holster and if it will have the same dampening effect.
Yea... I had that experience but it was a long time ago...

I'll wait for when this comes out and when people start using it and get feedback... Before I decide to buy one or not...

H3LLFIRE
03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I'll wait for when this comes out and when people start using it and get feedback... Before I decide to buy one or not...

Yep, that'd be the smart, logical thing to do. But some of us are so sick of using the OEM leather case that logic may get thrown out the window :smile:

I can see Seidio getting a ton of orders for this when it's finally available. For me I'm gonna wait until they come out with the rubberized hard case + holster combo.

xxaarraa
03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Yea... I had that experience but it was a long time ago...

Good idea, I believe when Seidio came out with 8100 holsters, there was a lot of forum feedback about the height of the belt clip and they revised their design.

Ill hold on to my 40 bucks till its tried and tested :smile:

I just bought a seidio holster for my 8100. Supposed to be a great product, Im sure this would be too.

seidioseidio
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
seidio, are you taking pre-orders?

Yes, starting today, we are taking pre-order for this BB8800 holster. Shipping will begin during the week of April 2,2007 to April 6, 2007.

RUBBERIZED SPRING CLIP SWIVEL HOLSTER FOR UN-SKINNED BLACKBERRY 8800 - HLBB8800-AS (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=697)

Seidio

seidioseidio
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM

Thanks,
Scott

You can now begin placing early orders for the Seidio RUBBERIZED SPRING CLIP SWIVEL HOLSTER FOR UN-SKINNED BLACKBERRY 8800.

Place your orders here (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=697) as soon as you can because shipping will begin during the week of 4/2/07 to 4/6/07.

BBChristopher
03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Time to order one of these babies!

And one for the Pearl too!

test54
03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I'll wait to see some reviews of how the trackball sits, but looks like a good product.

seidioseidio
03-29-2007, 05:04 PM
I'll wait to see some reviews of how the trackball sits, but looks like a good product.

The trackball issue has been addressed. The keys will not be pressed white BB8800 is in Seidio's holster

Seidio

joespys
03-29-2007, 05:21 PM

(y) I agree Test - even though I'm an impulse buyer with BBs I'm not with the accessories - I can wait it out to see what the review say!

wer165
03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Seidio, do you make one that will allow my 8800 to face outwards?

wer165
03-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread up.

wer165
03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Just ordered this product from Seidio. I will let everyone know how it works out. I will be facing my 8800 outwards (not inwards).

seidioseidio
04-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Just ordered this product from Seidio. I will let everyone know how it works out. I will be facing my 8800 outwards (not inwards).

This holster for BB8800 can be either face in and face out. we recommend to face BB8800 inwards so the screen can be protected while it is in the holster.

Seidio

Dawgfan
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
That material looks pretty nice.. any chance of getting some rails made out of it...?

Kidding..kind of...

I look forward to the reviews of this case.

seidioseidio
04-03-2007, 07:38 AM
That material looks pretty nice.. any chance of getting some rails made out of it...?

Kidding..kind of...

I look forward to the reviews of this case.

The holster is rubberized. It looks good and feels good. It will aslo protect your BB8800 from scratching.

Seidio

seidioseidio
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Place Orders HERE (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=697) immediately!!

SHIPPING has BEGUN for SeidioRUBBERIZED SPRING CLIP SWIVEL HOLSTER FOR UN-SKINNED BLACKBERRY 8800.

Shipments started today (April 3rd, 2007)!

Inphektion
04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
we ordered 20. I think a couple days ago. hopefully they come in asap.

Dawgfan
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I look forward to the reviews as getting the 8800 into and out of the OEM case is a bit awkward...and that thing is slippery.

seidioseidio
04-04-2007, 03:27 AM
we ordered 20. I think a couple days ago. hopefully they come in asap.

All the orders received up to 4/3 3:00PM will be shipped today (4/4).

Seidio

blackberryentp
04-04-2007, 09:51 AM
does this case have a magnet within it so it will turn off once placed in the holster ?

seidioseidio
04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
does this case have a magnet within it so it will turn off once placed in the holster ?

Yes, it has a built in sleep function in it.

Seidio

zuspiel
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
I ordered this on 4/2. Yesterday, my order status switched from "in progress (B)" to "in progress (R)" but it doesn't say "shipped" yet... Sorry for the impatience but I hate the leather holster. Half the time I can't feel the phone vibrate...

I live in Houston and am even considering picking it up :razz:

mdaoudi
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
just got it.
so in general i am happy that i am not using the blackberry original holster.
but i am not 100% happy with this one either... i loved the seidio for the 87XX series.
you have to pay attention each time you put it in to make sure it clips in correctly...
i have to try the other one they have with the skin... might work better.

Inphektion
04-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Mine shipped today even though we ordered 4/1 or 4/2

Chinookman
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM

I have dropped mine three times in the winter with the phone hanging up with coats OR getting caught but yet stayed in the holster and popped out very easily...now the phone will not start up after its been turned off....takes about a minute of holding the button where before a mere touch would light it up.....

very frustrated.....it seems a good concept but missed it by a few mm.....the top clip can stand to be another 4mm of overlap to secure the phone the spring clip is fine.....the lower corners can be another 3 mm higher to hug the phone for a more secure inset..............IF my phone pops out one more time I will redesign the holster with a ball peen hammer at a high rate of speed out of sheer frustration mail it back and see if they can do a root cause analysis...

then I'm stuck using a pansy leather pouch like a marsupial...lol.....

OK that's my 2 cents....back to our regular programming......I submitted this before but no one seemed interested but you caught the same observation glad you have not had to deal with it......

Later have a good week end yah'll

C-man

Dawgfan
04-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I have dropped mine three times in the winter with the phone hanging up with coats OR getting caught but yet stayed in the holster and popped out very easily...now the phone will not start up after its been turned off....takes about a minute of holding the button where before a mere touch would light it up.....

very frustrated.....it seems a good concept but missed it by a few mm.....the top clip can stand to be another 4mm of overlap to secure the phone the spring clip is fine.....the lower corners can be another 3 mm higher to hug the phone for a more secure inset..............IF my phone pops out one more time I will redesign the holster with a ball peen hammer at a high rate of speed out of sheer frustration mail it back and see if they can do a root cause analysis...

then I'm stuck using a pansy leather pouch like a marsupial...lol.....

OK that's my 2 cents....back to our regular programming......I submitted this before but no one seemed interested but you caught the same observation glad you have not had to deal with it......

Later have a good week end yah'll

C-man
I am confused. Is this a review of a previous lock holster as the one in this thread has just started shipping like in the past day or so....?

sdgeiger
04-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I received my rubberized holster yesterday. It's nice. The only problem I've noticed is that if I don't press the 8880 all the way in, it presses the power button and shuts it off.

By the way, can I use a rubber skin with this holster? The instructions say I can, but the website says "un-skinned."

Dawgfan
04-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I received my rubberized holster yesterday. It's nice. The only problem I've noticed is that if I don't press the 8880 all the way in, it presses the power button and shuts it off.

By the way, can I use a rubber skin with this holster? The instructions say I can, but the website says "un-skinned."

Mine should be here today. Looking forward to using it as the OEM leather case is nice but I hate having to pull the flip thing up and hold it back while putting my phone in or taking the phone out of the case.

Chinookman
04-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I am confused. Is this a review of a previous lock holster as the one in this thread has just started shipping like in the past day or so....?

Yeah it's the same holster but mine is for the Pearl......I get no indication that any improvements have been made for the 8800. Also when ordering be watchful for the holster that hold the skinned and unskinned phone there is a big difference.

hope that helps out...if not PM me, communications is always a challenge...eh?.....lol...

C-man...take care....

zuspiel
04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Mine should be here today. Looking forward to using it as the OEM leather case is nice but I hate having to pull the flip thing up and hold it back while putting my phone in or taking the phone out of the case.

Amen to that... The Seidio holster is nice. As for earlier concerns about the speaker being covered: The clip on top has a slit above the speaker opening...

dooks88
04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Mine came in on friday, and I used it all weekend. I love it! It was exactly what I was looking for. It clips in very snug and is very slim and sleek on my belt. Only gripe I have is that its a little hard to remove from my belt. Other than that, its great. I would rate it a 9/10.

Dawgfan
04-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Mine came in on friday, and I used it all weekend. I love it! It was exactly what I was looking for. It clips in very snug and is very slim and sleek on my belt. Only gripe I have is that its a little hard to remove from my belt. Other than that, its great. I would rate it a 9/10.

Mine should be here today and I will post a review (considering I was asking for them..) after I have tried it out for a day or so. Sounds very promising. I am ok with it being hard to get off my belt as the OEM case worried me a bit as I have had it slide up and almost off my belt a few times.

dooks88
04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I posted pics here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/hardware-accessories/72356-my-new-holster-seidio-pics.html?posted=1#post504261

wer165
04-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Just received mine, it works great.

Dawgfan
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
My case arrived yesterday and I have been using it constantly. I should start off my saying that I had been using the OEM case here and there but just was not a fan of the looks or the functionality. It was bulky and the entry/exit was cumbersome to me (having to hold back the flap).

The main thing I like about this Seidio case is that it holds my 8800 like a vice grip yet shows off my device as it is not hidden in some generic leather case. Call me a geek but I like the fact that folks can see I have the 8800 on my hip.

The first thing I did was grab some pillows, put the 8800 in the case and start trying to shake and pull it out of the case. Not happening. I even pulled on the 8800 to the point that the case was flexing and it did not pull the 8800 out. Sweet.

I am a fan of the dull rubberized look and the material feels good and "grippy". It seems like it is doing a very good job of gripping the device without the risk of scratching the surface of the 8800.

A few things I noticed that I really liked:

* Very slim when compared to the OEM case or any full case for that matter.
* You can see the LED with it in the case so you don't have to remove it to see the email or message notification (I often leave my BB on the desk or couch in the case next to me)
* Several people here have asked about how it handles the "ball" and it seems as though (Seidio may correct me if I am wrong) the case puts the 8800 at an angle where the "ball" will be a bit off of the felt. This also "drives" the top of the 8800 into the clip, most likely providing a more secure grip.
* Felt on the inside of the case is a nice touch to keep the screen from getting scratched.
* I really like the swivel function and what I have been doing is keeping the 8800 on my belt vertically and if I need the phone I swivel it horizontally as this provides a really easy and safe way to get the 8800 out of and into the case. I have never been a fan of having my phone on my belt horizontally but I really like being able to click it over and pull it right out.
* Someone may have mentioned this but it does clip quite snugly to whatevery you clip it to. The clip even has a bit of an underhang that seems to provide a bit more grip to a belt or whatever.
* I almost forgot. Part of this is the 8800 and part of this is the case but with the case and phone being so light, I wore this around on some gym shorts for a while and did not get that "hanging/sagging" feeling.
* This just crossed my mind but unlike some other cases, if anything is spilled or gets on this case, I am pretty sure you could just wash it off with soap and water.
* (via edit) I knew I forgot something... If anyone doubts the magnet putting your phone to sleep, you can actually see the phone go to sleep by (even barely) only putting the bottom of the 8800 in the case. It will be alseep before any bottons come in contact with the inside of the case.

I am adding a photo from their Seidio's site in case someone just went to the second page of this thread..

I am very happy with this case. Hope this helps anyone who was curious like me a few days ago.
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/88_hl.jpg

kjaslow
04-10-2007, 03:24 PM
* Several people here have asked about how it handles the "ball" and it seems as though (Seidio may correct me if I am wrong) the case puts the 8800 at an angle where the "ball" will be a bit off of the felt. This also "drives" the top of the 8800 into the clip, most likely providing a more secure grip.

Got my Seidio holster today. I was a big fan of the 8700 model, and didn't hesitate to buy the 8800 model.

As for handling the pearl, there seems to be a divot in the plastic behind the felt to accommodate the ball.

The rubberized exterior is nicer than the equivalent 8700 holster.

My only gripe so far is that the clip has a tendency to grab the slot for the speaker as I'm trying to remove the phone. The leading edge of the clip is straight, even though the top of the clip matches the curved top of the phone. This straight edge does grab on to the opening for the speaker, but I'm sure I can get used to it.

Nice touch that the top of the clip has a slot that lines up with the speaker, so that you can hear the phone ring!

bdizzlefizzle
04-13-2007, 08:46 AM

This is my main hold-back before ordering since I'll be skinned about half the time

seidioseidio
04-13-2007, 08:50 AM
This is my main hold-back before ordering since I'll be skinned about half the time

Seidio offers two types of holster for BB8800

Unskinned and skinned. If you have Seidio soft skin case or Seidio rubberized hard case or crystal (clear) hard case, then you need the skin holster. If you have a naked BB8800, then you need unskinned holster.

Unskin holster

RUBBERIZED SPRING CLIP SWIVEL HOLSTER FOR UN-SKINNED BLACKBERRY 8800 - HLBB8800AS (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=697)

Skin holster

CRYSTAL / RUBBERIZED / SKIN CASE HOLSTER FOR 8800 - HLBB8800ASC (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=717)

Seidio

pctower
04-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I have had mine (unskinned version) for two days and love it. An additional advantage not mentioned so far is that the case is so compact and light that it and the 8800 easily fit into my pockets (pants-not shirts) when I don't want to wear it on my belt.

bdizzlefizzle
04-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Seidio offers two types of holster for BB8800

Unskinned and skinned. If you have Seidio soft skin case or Seidio rubberized hard case or crystal (clear) hard case, then you need the skin holster. If you have a naked BB8800, then you need unskinned holster.

Seidio, thanks for the reply, but that is what I already knew. I know you'd like to sell 2, but I won't buy 2, nor do I want to manage 2. I've heard some people say that a naked one is fine in the skinned holster, and vice versa, but I'm weary of it.

So, does the OEM skin on an 8800 fit in the unskinned holster? I'm assuming not, but I'd really appreciate that specific combo being address.

What about some of the full-body clear skins like Best Skins Ever of BodyGuardz? Those are much thinner than the silicone skins, so which holster would be appropriate for that application?

bdizzlefizzle
04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Just ordered the combo. I have the OEM skin, and am not loving the floppiness. Looking forward to the Seidio solution!

infernox
04-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Bought the skinned combo (skin + holster) and love it. The skin is not the "sticky" type that collects lints and particles. Highly recommended.

ninja95
04-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Got mine today and I love it. Just what the new 8800 needed...

seidioseidio
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Some of members question the purpose of the speaker opening at the top clip - to prevent BB8800 being muffled while it is in the holster

Seidio

CyberJack
05-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Some of members question the purpose of the speaker opening at the top clip - to prevent BB8800 being muffled while it is in the holster

Seidio

Seidio:
Mine did NOT come with the speaker opening which was a big disappointment.
I can tell the difference with out it.

I have sent an email to customer service asking them to advance replace the holster and would be appreciative if you could expedite this for me. Order # 92788.

Thanks

bdizzlefizzle
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I got the rubberized shell case and the holster. They're both awesome. However, I didn't like the 8800...if you're interested, the case and holster are up for sale

My for sale post (http://www.blackberryforums.com/buy-sell-trade/75949-wts-seidio-rubberized-case-holster-8800-a.html#post532238)

Teledatageek
06-03-2007, 07:15 AM
I've been using my Seido case (with no skin) for almost two weeks. I really like it and it almost emulates the ease of the standard clip that comes with the 8703.

One gripe.... I noticed this morning that there are two black marks on my 8830 on the backside near the speaker. Seems to be a result of the clip resting there. I haven't been able to rub it off, in fact it seems to have rubbed off the silver finish. Again, these are pretty small marks but still noticeable and I wonder if they will get bigger over time.

Teledatageek
06-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I've been using my Seido case (with no skin) for almost two weeks. I really like it and it almost emulates the ease of the standard clip that comes with the 8703.

One gripe.... I noticed this morning that there are two black marks on my 8830 on the backside near the speaker. Seems to be a result of the clip resting there. I haven't been able to rub it off, in fact it seems to have rubbed off the silver finish. Again, these are pretty small marks but still noticeable and I wonder if they will get bigger over time.

Don't mean to bump my own post, but I have noticed that the Seido folks appear to answer many posts here. This one may have fallen under the radar screen for them.

I think we need to get an answer on this, not only for us (three users) but also anyone contemplating purchasing one of these.

Thx.

bppilot
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I purchased this hoster for my 8830 that I got more than 2 weeks ago. This is a terrific holster! Lightweight, functional, attractive, good strong hold... Definitely would recommend it to others!

seidioseidio
06-04-2007, 04:11 PM

You shouldn't get any marks on the device while the unit is resting. The only time we've seen marks on phones is when the device is "pushed" into the holster as opposed to lifting the clip first. Can you take some pics and send them to me at forum@<hidden>?

Thanks

why1504
06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I have an 8830 and received the case, swivel clip, and screen protector. I am very pleased. As for reliability, time will tell. The screen protector rocks.

Teledatageek
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
You shouldn't get any marks on the device while the unit is resting. The only time we've seen marks on phones is when the device is "pushed" into the holster as opposed to lifting the clip first. Can you take some pics and send them to me at forum@<hidden>?

Thanks

Just e-mailed you a pic although it doesn't show all that well.... I (and the others at our company) do "push" the phone in as opposed to the more cumbersome lifting of the clip first.

Are we not supposed to have to life the clip first? Is there another solution that allows for "pushing" the phone in place? Pushing emulates that action of putting an 8700 in the stock holster a little more....

SilverSurfer95
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Personally, I received my Rubber Skin for my 8800 several weeks ago. While their quality is usually very good, I remain disappointed with the skin overall. The band which goes across the convenience keys is really flimsy. I ended up cutting it off and the skin functions far better.

Hey Seidio, take note. Maybe you need to go back to the board on this because this band makes maneuvering quite difficult. I had many "misfires" as a result.

dohboi
06-06-2007, 12:47 PM
(n) After ordering this clip for my bb8800 I waited over 6 weeks before I received it shipped to canada. Disappointed being such a small item. It only cost them $1.70 to ship and i think i paid close to $8-9 for shipping. Once I've received it, I began to use it. I liked it, but the quality was poor.

After using it for less than 3 weeks, one day I had it clipped to my belt and as i stepped into my car and sat down in the passenger side, the clip snapped and my BB fell on concrete ground, now I'm pissed off. I paid decent money for this. I bought a cheap clip off ebay before and it only cost me under $10 but that snapped too, and I thought well, its cheap. But this being close to $50 shipping to me and the wait was so long, and the fact that it scratched up my phone disappoints me. Looking closer to the clip after it broke, I looked at it and the stud that holds the clip to the cradle portion of the phone, they use a cheap stud that they didn't even bend out all the way and so it separated easily.

Now I'm pissed off, paying decent money for a plastic clip that I waited over 6 weeks to receive. Then it not even lasting a month.

not worth your money...:x

I hope they have some sort of warranty policy, but regardless if they did or not, i'd have to wait 6 weeks and now I have a scratch up BB

seidioseidio
06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I hope they have some sort of warranty policy...
Please contact customer service at 832-204-1118 for a replacement.

Thanks

MotoUp
06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Well, I got mine yesterday, and so far I love it! It fits very snug and safe.

My only critique (not a complaint) for a future change would be a little thumb tab that you could use to lift up the clip to either free, or holster my BB instead of lifting it with my forefinger.

Much better than the stock holster IMO.