PDA

View Full Version : 7130e verizon - won't boot up

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 07:41 PM
I've tried to pull the battery, wait 30 secs and then put it back in and the phone just goes to white screen, then to the splash screen that shows Verizon Wireless with a red symbol and an animated hour glass, but won't go past there. Verizon is going to send me a replacement phone, but I have a bunch of passwords stored in the bb password program, I also have a lot of to do items in my Pocketday Lists and there was no way to back it up either.

Any ideas?

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
If you have NOT previously back up then you might loose all the data....

Download and instal Jl_Cmder (it's in my sig) and wipe the device (everything gone in a flash!)

Install the OS and restore any previous backup

Hope this helps!

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 07:48 PM
How do I download and install a program if I can't connect to blackberry desktop? I connect my laptop to the phone and it says disconnected.

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 07:50 PM
You do not need Desktop Manager for Jl_Cmder to work! :)

It downloads to the PC.......

Download it, plug BB in and run the app :)

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 08:19 PM
You do not need Desktop Manager for Jl_Cmder to work! :)

It downloads to the PC.......

Download it, plug BB in and run the app :)

Nope, no workie. Tried twice to wipe the device and it doesn't work. The hourglass just keeps going round and round.

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Check Control Panel >> My Computer

Right mouse click on My Computer then select Device Manager

Is the BB listed in devices????

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I find it listed as blackberry device under the USB controller section

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Then Jl_Cmder should work just fine.... I assume you have plugged the BB in then ran Jl_Cmder without desktop manager open?

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 08:36 PM
I got it to work.

I had to start the wipe command when the battery was out of the phone before the phone had a chance to go to that verizon wireless page.

Now I have a plain white screen with a symbol with a line through it. Is it possible I got a virus on this phone somehow?

What now? I imagine I need to install the operating system but don't know what to do.

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 08:38 PM
No virus! that is what you should have now after wiping it....

Download the current OS from your carrier and install it on the PC.... Then open DM and then Application Loader and reinstall!!!

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I wondered if I was hit by a virus that made my phone lock up.

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 08:47 PM
There are NO viruses for the BB.... You are good! :)

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 09:01 PM
What causes this? Corruption in the OS or what?

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Corrupted OS... Bad install of an app on the ribbon, plenty of things that can cause it, one of which is NOT a virus as there are non for the BB OS...... :)

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
You're the man. I reinstalled the desktop software and the OS and I'm at the factory default settings. Should I do a restore? At least I'd get back my passwords from BB password keeper. Would that possibly corrupt the OS again?

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes you can resore the backup now..... Many issues could have caused it.... Bad install of an App. bad deletion of an app, conflict between the apps and the OS.....

Glad you are back up! :)

paulcomi
03-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Dude, you're my hero.

I just hope I remember what I did if this happens again :-)

Where do I send the gift basket?

LunkHead
03-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Just remember to help others if they need it and you know how... :)

Glad you are back up and running!!!! :) :)

paulcomi
03-18-2007, 04:40 AM
I have a strong suspicion that this was caused by either the 2007 patch from blackberry for daylight savings Tim, or from PocketDay.

The Dst patch made my phone take forever to boot and it froze up the first time.

Also, I downloaded PocketDay and I've gotten lockups as well, the goto button isn't working, and I get error messages all the time.

paulcomi
03-18-2007, 03:00 PM
The guys at pocketday had me run a utility that clears settings and after I downloaded the non wap professional version again it seems to work ok.

paulcomi
03-20-2007, 11:33 AM
So far, so good. Everythings working fine, but I just noticed I'm not getting attachments. Isn't that part of the standard OS? I didn't see it as an option when I did a desktop transfer to the phone.

LunkHead
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes Blackberry Attachment Service should be included as an option in Desktop manager....

Try resending the service books!

paulcomi
03-20-2007, 09:49 PM
After reloading and doing a desktop transfer, I can get my attachments. Thanks a bunch!

paulcomi
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Almost everything is working perfectly since I reinstalled. the one thing that I managed to mess up somehow is my corporate email. I am on a BES for email and I get incoming email but when I send email from my work computer a copy of the email doesn't appear in my messages folder on my phone.

I previously had a folder for each email account on my blackberry but when I reinstalled, something changed. What should I do? I have email reconcile selected in options, but don't have an actual messages folder for my work email account like I do for my personal email accounts.