PDA

View Full Version : 7750 send email fails

ibanender
04-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Recently, both mine and a clients 7750 have the same issue. I've had the 4.0 OS installed since the day it was released and has been working fine. Now, I can recieve emails fine; but when I go to send emails, there is a check next to it indicating it sent fine, but if I check the status again later it goes to a red X. The emails are actually failing. If I send one while in front of my PC, Outlook shows the message coming in from the Blackberry. Any ideas?

WolfKeeper
04-21-2005, 08:14 AM
It could be the famous encryption/decryption error. Look at one of the failed e-mails and check the error.

ibanender
04-21-2005, 08:16 AM
It could be the famous encryption/decryption error. Look at one of the failed e-mails and check the error.

Decryption error, you're almost my hero. Know how to fix it?

WolfKeeper
04-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Usually the BB database on your PC got corrupted -- apparently it's a bug in the 4.0 desktop client. You'll need a utility called db_clean.exe (search for it here) to dump it, then re-sync (which will generate a new key.)

ibanender
04-21-2005, 09:17 AM
It's fixed, thanks. For others reference:

I followed link after link after link to finally get the file, starting with a thread found in a search on this forum.
I ran the file, it asked a yes or no question, I answered yes and it crashed.
I disabled cached mode in Office 2003, ran it again, and it worked.
You must run the desktop manager again to get a new key, then open redirector again and it'll work fine.