PDA

View Full Version : 7100v what using up my memory?

mickdeed
03-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I've just got a 7100v and it is deleting my sms messages and call logs very frequently(daily at least), I understand this is because the memory is full.

In my setting->status is says I have no free memory at all. But when I look at my database sizes there all very small.

I don't have a data connection set up yet so it just being used as a phone, calendar etc.

I don't even have a browser application installed.

Can anyone tell how to find out what is taking up all my memory or what could be the problem.

new at blackberry's - appreciate the help

John Clark
03-18-2007, 09:48 PM
You must have something loaded on the phone. Pics, ringtones, etc. Other apps?

mickdeed
03-18-2007, 09:58 PM
thanks but no. All I've got when I open the application installer on desktop manager is a stopwatch 14kb.

no images except the factory standards, same with ringtones.

other ideas?? help

John Clark
03-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Just because there is nothing showing in the application installer doesn't mean anything. In order to show anything there you need the OS package installed to your computer then the software will show in the application loader.

Have you tried removing the battery?

mickdeed
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
went into option->advanced->applications on my blackberry there was no unexpected applications. But heaps of additional languages, I deleted most of the langauges (it asks to reboot the blackberry after each one) after a few I rebooted and now the "Status" is telling me I've got 10mb free.

so I don't know if the languages are standard or the guy I bought it off installed them but it seems they were taking up a lot of memory ... or something else was and was removed when I rebooted.

anyway do you have any idea how large an average SMS message is. ie how many sms's in and out will fit in 10megs.

thanks for your help.

mike_187
03-19-2007, 12:29 AM
sms messages are very small 1-3 kb usually, so you can have thousands of them, if u want, lol.