PDA

View Full Version : Using 7100i as PDA Only

ajg93
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi,

I am new to the world of Blackberry and am looking at getting the 7100i (I am on Telus Mike Network in Canada). I currently use a MIKE i830 cell phone. I want to get the 7100i but will not be able to attach it to our Blackberry Enterprise Server right away. So I want to know if I can use the 7100i more or less as a PDA to sync with my desktop computer and specfically Lotus Notes? Is this possible and if so how? Also, is there anyway to replicate Notes email during the desktop sync since I won't be able to receive emails live?

Thanks,
Adam

ilarge
03-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Adam

I use my 7100 as a PDA. Just download the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop software and install it. You'll be able to synch with Notes' address book, to do list, journals and calendar but not with the email unless you have a BES connection.

I just have GSM capability on my SIM so no data traffic, just phone and SMS but that is all I need. I'd quite like to get GPRS working for internet access but without any easy way to get a decent set of service books sent to my BlackBerry I'm kinda SOL on that one.

Ian

ajg93
03-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Adam

I use my 7100 as a PDA. Just download the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop software and install it. You'll be able to synch with Notes' address book, to do list, journals and calendar but not with the email unless you have a BES connection.

I just have GSM capability on my SIM so no data traffic, just phone and SMS but that is all I need. I'd quite like to get GPRS working for internet access but without any easy way to get a decent set of service books sent to my BlackBerry I'm kinda SOL on that one.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks. How do you like the 7100 as a phone?

Adam